Google Nexus 5 imminent?

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Thoughts?

I don't think so. At most refresh with LTE and/or upgraded memory. Why shoot yourself in the foot? The Nexus 4 was only released 6 months ago.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

We will definitely have a N5...it will come out in Nov/Dec like every other Nexus phone. Sort of like how Christmas always comes right around Dec 25, despite what rumors you might here from the retailers.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

We will definitely have a N5...it will come out in Nov/Dec like every other Nexus phone. Sort of like how Christmas always comes right around Dec 25, despite what rumors you might here from the retailers.

Exactly. They have released the last 4 Nexus phones around the same time, don't see why they would change that now.

I also don't think there will be a LTE version either since it is still not widely deployed yet. And don't bring up Verizon and their proprietary BS LTE network, we all see how the LTE GNex worked out. I believe they will wait until open GSM LTE is launched in more markets, AND when LTE radios can operate on many different networks. Not like what we have today with certain chips only working on certain carriers, they will wait until they are like GSM 3G radios.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. They have released the last 4 Nexus phones around the same time, don't see why they would change that now.

I also don't think there will be a LTE version either since it is still not widely deployed yet. And don't bring up Verizon and their proprietary BS LTE network, we all see how the LTE GNex worked out. I believe they will wait until open GSM LTE is launched in more markets, AND when LTE radios can operate on many different networks. Not like what we have today with certain chips only working on certain carriers, they will wait until they are like GSM 3G radios.

I just got home from the local ATT store to look at the HTC One and GS4 and I walked away not wowed at all. I was doing a lot of reading up especially on the One liking the looks of it thinking just maybe I'd consider trying out one of the unlocked versions (I use my N4 on ATT on Net10). Other than the front speakers which are really nice, there was nothing else special I thought with it or the GS4 to sway me away from the N4 and wait patiently for the N5 which I believe also will come out in late year.

I too predict they will not LTE the N5. When I left my Verizon GN and Vz LTE network I don't miss it in the least bit. Unless your in a larger market and predominantly spend your time in such the LTE service on any of the carriers is too hit and miss to matter a lot. I'm doing just fine without it on my N4. Despite all the naysayers when N4 first came out without LTE, I think its success has shown there's a LOT of people out there like me who do not miss LTE and will trade that in for a VERY affordable stock Google phone unlocked to use on any network of your choice without the restraints is the big carrier contracts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

GKWANNABE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

IMO I think they will come out with a Nexus 5 with LTE. The reason why I say it might in my opinion is, to come out with their next OS, Key Lime Pie. So a Nexus 5 Unlocked with GSM and/or HSPA+ & LTE capabilities and Key Lime Pie, prob 4.3, continuing with their Snapdragon S4 processor just might woo the consumers who are not too impressed with HTC One or Samsungs Galaxy S4. Or Sony's Xperia ZTE or ZL or the IPhone 5S. Who knows. Of course there is always talk about it but, we'll see. Maybe they'll tease us or surprise us in about 6 days when their Google I/O 2013 takes off? I hope so. I'm due for an upgrade AND my contract with Verizon ends May 30th 2013 so, I definitely need to upgrade with my current Droid Charge Gingerbread 2.3.6. Thoughts?

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we will see a nexus 4lte ever or a nexus 5 yet. No matter lte or no lte I will definitely be getting my hands on the nexus 5. Hspa+ works perfectly for me. Absolutely no complaints. Stocj is the only way for me to go. No more manufacturer skins for me. And no more carrier contracts.

Posted via Android Central App

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Isn't LTE already built into the hardware of the current N4 model, like a single antenna? I thought it'd be cool if Key Lime Pie officially enabled it. Regardless I'm like everybody else and all get the N5 when it comes out but don't expect it till November. It will be interesting to see what Google unveils in 5 days. Expectations are high so I hope Google can deliver.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
LTE isn't universal just yet, If you head 5km out of the cbd here it drops out. I think LTE needs to be more universally established before making it a global lte mobile. I r remember when 3g out, internet was expensive as hell so it was pointless and mobiles weren't that great for the experience. I think mobiles will adapt to the experience once like 3g was, the networks are just expanded a touch more.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Most likely upgraded version of the nexus 4.. with 32gb and lte. Also most likely 4.3 instead of klp

For I/O, I think you might be right. For the late year release, the next Nexus with KLP is more likely. I'm fine with either way as long as they are on Sprint. :p

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
What a BS article. They talk about Google I/O in June, LOL its next week. They say it will have Android 5.0 KLP, uh no, we pretty much know that 4.3 is coming, and 5.0 end of year maybe.

I will say this. Only new "Nexus"device being announced next week, will be the new Asus Nexus 7. And Google will launch Android 4.3. And just maybe a Sprint version Nexus 4 with CDMA network, etc... But that's it, nothing more.

Now this Fall, we will see the release of the Nexus-Five phone in November, running Android 5.0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay