1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging Issues?

My battery was at 7% so I grabbed my wall charger and plugged it in. My phone immediately read that the battery was at 100%. Of course I knew this could not be. I shut off the phone turned it back on and the battery was at 0% and immediately shut off!
    Anyone else have issues like this?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Default Re: Charging Issues?

Thats really weird. Did u shut it off and on when plugged in or unplugged?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by motor96 View Post
    Thats really weird. Did u shut it off and on when plugged in or unplugged?
    I unplugged the charger before I shut it off to see what the battery level would read and it stayed at 100%. So I then shut it off and turned in back on WITHOUT it plugged in.

power off your device first ,then connect the charger to try

not really a problem. just some glitch off reading of battery. I get that often, battery is 10% plug in 100%, i just unplug and plug in couple times or restart device and reading becomes correct again

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Nothing to worry about. Just the battery reading getting confused with the sudden change in voltages.

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

I've had that happen to me once before. I was reading peoples posts about their defective battery on here and then that night it happened to me. I was scared I would have to send yet another n4 back to Google. But that was about a month ago and haven't had the issue since.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

I have a problematic charging cable (the one that came with the phone, sadly) that will do things like this sometimes. It's as if the micro USB plug doesn't quite sit right in the phone at times, and I get all sorts of weird behavior with it. Most of the time it works fine, but every now and then it goes berzerk. Replugging it in a couple times usually seems to fix the problem, or I'll just grab a different cable. It's probably not a defect with your phone.

Im not sure if it is a charger issue, but I guess it could be. Usually if you are getting false readings like going from 0% to 100% then cutting off or vice versa that indicates a problem with the battery itself.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

So it isn't anything that I should worry about?

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

No, you shouldn't be worried. It is usually caused by a different charger to the one that came with your phone, the fact that the phone was idle for a long time or if you recently used the phone plugged into a usb port and then changed to the mains.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

That's just a rare glitch. Not a serious problem. Happened to me once.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

So another issue. Phone died while I was at work. I tried turning it on and it did not come on. So I plugged it in when I got into my car and I got a solid red light. NEVER have I seen this when charging. Tried turning it on. It didn't come on. So I unplugged it and then the charging screen came on while it was unplugged! Tried turning it on, no luck. Plugged it back in and the solid red light returned. Unplugged it and got the charging screen again. Finally I plugged it in and got the charging screen to stay and charge up my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrott9 View Post
    So another issue. Phone died while I was at work. I tried turning it on and it did not come on. So I plugged it in when I got into my car and I got a solid red light. NEVER have I seen this when charging. Tried turning it on. It didn't come on. So I unplugged it and then the charging screen came on while it was unplugged! Tried turning it on, no luck. Plugged it back in and the solid red light returned. Unplugged it and got the charging screen again. Finally I plugged it in and got the charging screen to stay and charge up my phone.

means your battery just was depleted entirely. just charge it back up and your good