Downloading apps on computer than transferring them to Nexus 4 to use

hehsy5sy5

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I want to know how do you download apps on your computer and transfer it into the nexus 4 via the usb cable? I have a bunch of apps I want to download but I can only download a handful of apps, because for those apps that have 2 parts to it (the two parts I'm referring to is: one part is to download, the other part is to install) I keep getting "package file is invalid". I have tried all the ways suggested on various sites such as clearing your cache/data for Google play and Google play frameworks and uninstalling updates and nothing works. For some apps that once you download you can use, it works for me, but for apps such as Temple Run 2 where you have to download it then install it, it will say "package file invalid". So I want to know how to download apps then transfer them to my nexus 4 so that I can immediately use it and it's installed already. Thanks!

TLDR: I can't download and install some apps due to "package file is invalid" error. Tried everything but still doesn't work so I want to find a way to download apps on my computer then directly transfer them to my nexus 4. It's also convenient to know this because some apps such as the Iron Man 3 game is like 1 gig+ and I'll rather download it on my computer.

AbhishekS319

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I can suggest you the same thing, clearing the data and cache of your Play Store. As that's not solving the issue, I guess you should try a factory reset. I know this problem is very annoying and doing a factory reset will do no harm. :)

Another tip: Don't waste your time in downloading Iron Man 3, it's an extremely boring game. :p

First post and you're asking for assistance with your pirated apps? Good luck with that.
I don't think his question has anything related to piracy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
He did that only, but Play Store is giving him invalid package error.
Where in his post does he state that he downloaded them from the Google Play store? Exactly. AFAIK, it's impossible (or extremely difficult without using old versions of Chrome and a plug-in) to download apps to your PC.

AbhishekS319

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Where in his post does he state that he downloaded them from the Google Play store? Exactly. AFAIK, it's impossible (or extremely difficult without using old versions of Chrome and a plug-in) to download apps to your PC.

Well I'm sure that he downloaded them from the Play Store because I too have encountered this issue sometimes.

Happens very rarely, like once in 6 months or so and another attempt to download the app does the trick. So that is the reason why I'm surprised that the problem on his side has persisted for so long.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I transfer my apk's wondershare mobile go but your could just drop in directly onto your mobile e.g into downloads then open them. Not sure if it will help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11