Phone not working unless I use headset or speakerphone

ajcepler

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had no problems since I got this phone in December, but as of last night, I cannot hear anything out of the headset while on a phone call. It works fine with speakerphone and my wired headset, but without those, I can't hear anything (including the phone dialing), and the person on the other line can't hear me. I did a factory reset with no change. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Mmm. It could be a broken speaker but you said the mic doesnt work ether. So only when using it normally. Might have to contact Google bud I'm sure they will be of some help

Posted via Android Central App

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If it works with the HJ plugged in and on speaker then that means the headset-jack in the phone is messed up/defective. Replacing the HJ should fix the issue.

ajcepler

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The headset jack theory is an interesting one. Anyways, after leaving it shut off for 24 hours, everything was working fine again when I turned it back on. But by this point, google is already sending me a warranty replacement, so I'll just accept the new phone without scratches on the face and send this one back. And just because it started working again doesn't mean that it won't stop working again, I suppose.

Arunjr

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
i got tha same prblm i'm change my rom in my handset then loudspeaker and headphone speaker is not working phone ringing and notification also only hear phone cal voice (micro phone and mic is working)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech