Which car dock app do you use?

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
As many of you know, Jellybean removed cardock support, so the only way to get a car dock UI on your phone is to either use a 3rd party app from Play Store, or buy a phone from an OEM that built their own cardock app into whatever Sense/Touchwiz/Motoblur/Sony UI etc they use.

Here's the two I've played around with -

CarHome Ultra

kVBVctIvvfwqETFrdGdD84YcvwEPa5Nn5HZXc6KYQKfUgN8fciPbHJ9EENDRViW7z_g=h230

This has a lot of features but there's one glitch in it that frustrated me so much I had to ditch it. You see those forward/reverse and play/pause buttons above? Well if I launch TuneIn Radio from this cardock, but then change my mind and decide to close it and use Play Music to listen to my phone's music, those buttons stop working. So basically I'm stuck having to listen to all my songs in order without being able to skip tracks or pause which really cripples the entire reason I want a cardock. UPDATE: The developer knows about it and is working on a debug report I sent him today

InDrive: Custom Car Home

ToN7YpaxvUoL-2n76_0DrloC_cthR6pMuNIt-PZaAYR9yg9aKco49-613fGA9sSIsA=h230

_BWnNJbkbqZCbwFwhzVMaWURcV8JWazweTDm3wDeHJt11tK4jp1acFueGvrYkrjc3mw=h230

Not quite as many features as the first, and about the same number of bugs. One big outstanding bug: Direct Dial shortcuts crash the app. But since my car use is mainly nav and music I went with this one because the media functions are better. The biggest complaint I have with InDrive is that their support for Google Music is glitchy. Album art and song titles don't properly display all the time. They've chosen to concentrate music support mainly for PowerAmp so I installed that as well and so far there's no glitches I've noticed with PowerAmp. UPDATE: I found a new bug. If I launch PowerAmp from within InDrive, it freezes PowerAmp. The only workaround is to launch PowerAmp before InDrive so that it sits in background memory. Developer was notified

Anyone else using a different cardock?

Last edited:

pine

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I'm the developer of CarHome Ultra. If you follow the procedure to send the debug log (I sent you an email) I can definitely tell you where the media request is being sent.

I did not and am not blaming anything on Google. Some apps aggressively take over all media button requests others share nicely. We just need to establish what is going on with your device. As I mentioned to you, I was able to successfully test with Tune In radio and Google Play Music.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This is quite interesting. You haven't been active here for approximately 6 months but you were instantly able to discover that your app was discussed here. Mind if I ask you how? Does Android and Google allow developers to track when their apps are linked to Google Play Store and see the source of the link? I knew privacy on Android is highly criticized but seeing it in action is quite another thing altogether.

BAlGaInTl

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several and kept finding myself coming back to CarHome Ultra.

It is certainly the best one I've found. One of the few apps that I have felt compelled to buy instead of just using the free version. It is a very short list for me. :)

molitar

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll be using Carhome Ultra as Ultimate Car Dock is not ultimate it's missing the speedometer which I really need I have an old analog speedometer and the digital is much more accurate. Ultimate Car Dock if it was not missing such a critical component could than be called the Ultimate but it's missing too many features compared to others to be called Ultimate Car Dock.

Ghost30ghost

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Car Home Ultra is great,but what do you think about Ulysse Pro ,is it worth the money ?
I saw this small review here but if anybody used it ,please share your opinion on it

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello, it's no mystery and it has nothing to do with Android security!

It's called a Google Search Alert: Google Alerts - Monitor the Web for interesting new content

It's a great way to monitor for things that interest you on the web!

Hello!
It's good to talk to you directly.
Your app is amazing though it would be nice to do like for the HTC car app about the display:
Screen timeout is ok but when you want to wake up the screen again you have to pass by the lockscreen every time,why not add an option to take away lockscreen while you use CarHome?
Meaning that when the screen is off (black) you just have to tap on it once and the Car home menu comes back,it will prevent accidents ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2