SMS to MMS conversion costs

Piecrust

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys

This is my first post on here and I'm hoping someone can help me, I Have recently upgraded my mobile phone and contract.
My new mobile is the Google (LG) Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2 I'm in the UK with the Three (3) network, my new contract has unlimited Text messages, unlimited internet access and talk minutes.
I'm very happy with my new mobile and I do quite a lot of text messaging, unfortunately I found the stock text app not great for group text messaging so after some research I downloaded Handcent. This seamed to be a much better and customisable text app than the Android stock one. Unfortunately when I checked my mobile account online I seamed to be racking up charges for no apparent reason, I called my network and the guy told me because I was sending group text messages they were being converted to MMS which was chargeable.
My network has re-credited the extra cost's because I was unaware of what was happening.
The question is, what can I do if I want to send group text messages without them being converted from SMS to MMS?
What is the point of having unlimited text messaging when the guy from my network tells me to only send five at a time.
My old mobile was a Samsung Galaxy Ace on the same network and I could send as many text messages as possible without extra cost, the nexus is a better phone and my tariff is much larger so what's going on?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Well first and foremost welcome to Android Central. If I were you I would have addressed this with your carrier when you talked to them to get a credit. I would also if I were you go to the forum and pose the same question to the people who have the same phone where you will get many more answers than the introduction forum. I will ask a Mod to move this thread there for you. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781