The Phone wars are over...Samsung just won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ya just saw this. Really excited to see this, finally a stock experience on another phone. I might buy one later this year.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
At the end of 2013, I'd guess 1 out of every 1000 S4s sold will be "Google Edition" models.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This phone does good for the developer community but the general public doesn't care much nor are they following Google I/O. Geeks and devs will mostly but and they represent a very small population of Android users. You can put both Apple and Samsung's name on it and normal consumers will wait until they have an upgrade and buy a phone from their carrier LOL.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
This phone does good for the developer community but the general public doesn't care much nor are they following Google I/O. Geeks and devs will mostly but and they represent a very small population of Android users. You can put both Apple and Samsung's name on it and normal consumers will wait until they have an upgrade and buy a phone from their carrier LOL.

The Nexus 4 was already selling out, and it was worse than the S4 in most ways. This has everything the N4 had plus more options plus (most importantly) the Galaxy branding.

Now we will no longer have to compromise on features/options or having vanilla Android. We can have both.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 4 was already selling out, and it was worse than the S4 in most ways. This has everything the N4 had plus more options plus (most importantly) the Galaxy branding.

Now we will no longer have to compromise on features/options or having vanilla Android. We can have both.

Dude it was selling out because of shortages and dirt cheap not because it was selling millions on top of millions to the average joe. You sell a phone 1 way via online and only 1 carrier has it in their store. Please. People do not rush out to buy Nexus phones.... geeks do. But I agree with your last statement... we can have it both. But again, only geeks and smartphone enthusiasts care about that.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Lets not fight about which is better.. It's Android! We've clashed with iOS community for ages and won/// Now we're fighting within community! LOL!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I would be very interested as I have paid that for many phones. I do not wait for a contract renewal.

Edit: never mind. 16gb...ain't nobody got time for that! I will stick with my 32GB S4 with SD card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

The nexus 4 came out six months before this s4 will. The S4 SHOULD be a better handset. The question is if its better enough to warrant $300 more dollars.

I would wager most consumers won't even give it a second look.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The nexus 4 came out six months before this s4 will. The S4 SHOULD be a better handset. The question is if its better enough to warrant $300 more dollars.

It is now. All the reasons the S4 was barely ahead of the N4 were because of the Touchwiz pollution. Now there is nothing holding Samsung's awesome hardware back.

It's camera will be significantly better. It will have SD (as well as 8 gigs more internal memory) and an upgradable battery. It will be a full 1080p display with a significantly higher pixel density. It will have a much faster CPU. Yes, that is well worth that IMO. The retail price is comparable to any other flagship phone except the N4.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It is now. All the reasons the S4 was barely ahead of the N4 were because of the Touchwiz pollution. Now there is nothing holding Samsung's awesome hardware back.

It's camera will be significantly better. It will have SD (as well as 8 gigs more internal memory) and an upgradable battery. It will be a full 1080p display with a significantly higher pixel density. It will have a much faster CPU. Yes, that is well worth that IMO. The retail price is comparable to any other flagship phone except the N4.

Yeah I'm not convinced. I don't think the market will respond the way you think it will.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I would be very interested as I have paid that for many phones. I do not wait for a contract renewal.

I don't either...now. Fortunately I have access to 0% financing through other sources.

I suspect T-Mobile will eventually finance this like they do their other phones...they are financing my N4 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.