Outlook outgoing settings

adam514

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So I looked this up and couldn't find any answer as to why this happens. I use the stock mail client on my N4 and set up outlook (as a pop3 account). No problems receiving email but have always had problems sending. I found out the outgoing port number needs to stay at 25 and it'll send right off 3g or wifi. Question is, why does it keep switching back to 587??? I send an email or two, come back to it later and it's back to port number 587 which does not work. Aside from constantly switching the port, what can I do? and why does this happen? Help!

russwhy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So I looked this up and couldn't find any answer as to why this happens. I use the stock mail client on my N4 and set up outlook (as a pop3 account). No problems receiving email but have always had problems sending. I found out the outgoing port number needs to stay at 25 and it'll send right off 3g or wifi. Question is, why does it keep switching back to 587??? I send an email or two, come back to it later and it's back to port number 587 which does not work. Aside from constantly switching the port, what can I do? and why does this happen? Help!

russwhy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having same issue. Have droid razor. I need outgoing port st 25. Defaults to 25. Tried deleting account: always 25. This is pop. Set up IMAP using 25, this number is required by Armstrong cable. Is there an update coming. What to do?