Yahoo email not working with Email app

hyjyljyj

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I would switch to gmail (have an acct already that I never use) but I got a 3-digit Yahoo address in 1999 that I don't want to give up.
Just today I learned I can't attach photos to e-mails in Yahoo on my S2. You pull up a photo, touch it, select Send Via, and the 7 choices don't include the Yahoo mail app! Only the stock e-mail app and gmail, as well as snapfish and messaging, and a couple others. Touching E-mail makes it ask to set up an account, only it doesn't recognize my correct Yahoo password.
Trying to send the photo by opening up Yahoo mail first and composing a message, hitting the paper clip, it asks do you want to browse files or download from dropbox. Files contains a long list of files, one of which is called DCIM and has the photos stored on the phone--but not as thumbnails! They're all a string of numbers followed by .jpg! Completely useless, impossible to send a photo. T-Mobile supervisor just says contact Yahoo. Is there any other way to send photos using the Yahoo mail app that people say works awesome?? Thx --new user

giffer

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
On my Samsung Note 2, after I installed the Yahoo Mail App, it shows up in my list of applications for sharing a picture. It appears at the bottom of the list and not in the correct alphabetical order like the rest of the choices but it is there.

KeiFeR123

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the real solution to the problem. Thanks for figuring this out for all of us.

Here's the real answer
goto Yahoo/settings/accounts/edit your account info
Sign in again
Goto Sign-in and security/manage your apps passwords/Generate apps password
Name your android tablet or phone in the box and Generate password
This will give you a password to enter in the password window when you add an account in your android. Create an account with the yahoo address and enter the password...just click next, don?t worry about manual settings. You will have access to the yahoo account and all emails will be downloaded to the email app in the android.
Believe me, this will work because I too have tried everything else, until I found this.......Mike

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to set the number of days to sync your yahoo mail to the stock Android email app? I only want to keep about 15 days worth of yahoo mail on my tablet.

Thanks,

Rick

Jeff Fuller1

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Correction: Yahoo email USED to be infinitely better than Gmail. Over the past couple years it's quickly descended into garbage... all culminating with the latest version of their Android app which is just horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I am soo done with Yahoo. I've put this off for far too long, but today I'm switching everything over to gmail. It's gonna take a while, but Yahoo just can't make a product that will work consistently over time. I've had the Yahoo Mail App. It conks out eventually, too. That's what led me back to the native android app. Same for Yahoo Pingbox, Pipes and just about every other other Yahoo software. The bottom line is: Yahoo sucks. Why do you think they've gone through so many CEOs in the last 5 years. They suck. Period. I'm done with them. I've used Yahoo mail as my default since high school. And I'm just done with them. If they can't make a decent mail app by now, then forget it. Plus, I'm tired of seeing all those asinine ads. Why should I have to pay to not see dumb ads?!? Gmail has ads, too, but at least they're not so intrusive, and they don't make the actual mail functions stop working, like Yahoo does. Over the yrs, Yahoo mail has gotten worse and worse. It used to be far better than gmail. Remember the old days when gmail sucked? And we all wondered, "When is gmail gonna get better? Why can't Google make a decent mail app?" Well, Google has steadily improved its mail app while Yahoo's has steadily gone into the dumper. I'm just so tired of Yahoo now that I'm going to overcome my inertia and disentangle from it once for all.

I couldn't agree more.

jobeard

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
FYI: Email has two services: Sending (which is SMTP) and Receiving (Pop3 or Imap).

If your App has a wizard to add a new email account, by all means use it.

212jac

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yahoo mail is just so messed up... Just stop using it... Either switch everything to gmail, or set Yahoo mail to forward to Gmail: see Android Central thread #30776

Not tech savvy

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
I have tried everything to make the account work to no success. I finally downloaded the Yahoo email app, and all seems to work.

Not sure what happened to make it stop working.

Umesh Mishra

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
This past week, I went from my Yahoo email syncing with my Email app, to not being able to connect at all. I keep getting notifications stating it can't log in. It would work sporadically but I would usually get an error. When I checked the settings, I kept getting a "username and/or password incorrect". However they are NOT incorrect. I can log in via Chrome, or from my computer at home. Power cycling the phone doesn't help. I tried deleting the account and re-adding it, but I get the same username/password error.

ToddFromTexas

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
This past week, I went from my Yahoo email syncing with my Email app, to not being able to connect at all. I keep getting notifications stating it can't log in. It would work sporadically but I would usually get an error. When I checked the settings, I kept getting a "username and/or password incorrect". However they are NOT incorrect. I can log in via Chrome, or from my computer at home. Power cycling the phone doesn't help. I tried deleting the account and re-adding it, but I get the same username/password error.

Yahoo mail updated their security settings. It changed mine not to allow less secure channels to communicate with yahoo. They consider the native email app on your phone less secure. If you set it back or turn it off, the native email app will work again.

You will find the setting under account info

Todd

Lois Lambert

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
This is my android tablet. I travel a lot and spend much of my time in Macedonia and other Balkan countries. I need access to yahoo on this tablet and my phone at all times. Please ensure I have it.

kataneh

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
If you were trying to sign in, then please take one of these actions:

Option 1 (recommended): Use mail.yahoo.com or the Yahoo Mail app for Android and iOS to more securely access your account.

Option 2 (not recommended): If you still want to use an app that uses less secure sign in to your Yahoo account:

Click here: https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps

Turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"

Go back to your existing email application and sign in to your Yahoo account again.

Using apps that don't meet Yahoo's recommended security standards may leave your account more vulnerable or less secure.

If you did not try to sign in, then click here https://edit.yahoo.com/config/change_pw and change the password for your account.

For more information, visit our help page at: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln26418.html.

Sincerely,
Yahoo

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
LOL I'm quite sure the native email clients for Android and iOS are just as, if not more secure than the crap Yahoo Mail app. Yahoo is just trying to convince people to use their awful app that is probably actually LESS secure. No thanks. I had to turn off that setting on my account too.

eewan

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site

Go to your yahoo email setting on browser, set the 'two-step verification' then copy the password. Go to your mobile mail, add account and paste the password.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11