Nexus 4 on Solavei in Utah

jddunkley

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to do all the research I can before leaving Sprint for Solavei and getting a Nexus 4.

Just wondering if anyone in Utah (specifically Provo/Orem area) is using a Nexus 4 on Solavei? Any issues that you've had? Are the network speeds good around here?

I've seen issues with MMS in some forums as well as no data in 2G areas. Any trouble like that around here?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm far from you, but you can pull up a tmobile (the carrier solavei uses) coverage map and check out your area. Whenever I travel, I find it to be pretty accurate. As far as MMS goes, there's always somebody having an issue regardless of their phone or carrier, but for 99.9% of the people, it works fine.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure... Coverage is best discussed in the carrier forums though. The number of users on a carrier with all devices is greater than the number of N4 users on a given carrier.

mvno's often have their peculiarities as well, especially for data... No matter whose towers they ride on. ;)

jddunkley

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly why I was asking, I know the coverage maps say its excellent here but I want to hear it from someone who is currently using it. I'll try posting in the other carriers section as well :) thanks!

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Orem and T-Mobile is just fine on the N4. Although you may not get service in your basement or inside large buildings. That's just the nature of T-Mobile's signal. I looked at Solavei and was not impressed; it's just T-Mobile service at a higher price. Why bother? Just buy the phone from Google, go with T-Mobile's month-to-month plans and save a bit of cash.

Posted from my Nexus 7 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37