Experts review LG Nexus 4. See what they have to say

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
No. Did you read my post? I said iPhone sales are an indication that people can put up with not having an SD card.

Exactly. Especially since Apple offers iPhones with substantial memory. If there was a N4 with 64GB of data storage available, there would be nobody here whining about the lack of a sd card. Well, maybe one person.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I do. It comes from the exact same source other people on here are using to prove that SD is not something most buyers want.

Even though that's a wisecrack, I'll give you credit for making me chuckle :D

But on a serious note, I don't believe either of you are in the right for using SD cards or lack thereof as an argument for sales figures whether for or against.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Then explain how the galaxy series became popular in the first place. What was it providing that the other phones were not?

You have polled every person in the world?

The reason why the Galaxy S3 sold so well was because or marketing, and not because of expandable storage.

How do you know the percentage of S4 and S3 owners out there who use the SD card reader? You question how I am able to say this? Well, I question you as well, how do you know that people buy a Galaxy S3 or a Galaxy S4 for the SD card reader?

Before we continue this pointless argument/discussion, let me tell you this, we need factual information and statistics to be able to determine who is right. We need proof to back up our arguments, until such proof is acquired, this argument is pointless.

Posted via Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Before we continue this pointless argument/discussion, let me tell you this, we need factual information and statistics to be able to determine who is right.
Which is fine. But the people using iPhone sales as the "OMG no one wants SD" argument are doing the same thing I am doing.

I have never seen an online poll where people prefer NOT having SD. I have never met anyone in real life that prefers that either (not even iOS owners). At most, they say they are indifferent because they don't think they need it. That is not the same as thinking no SD is better.

Jerry is the first guy I have even seen online that can actually explain specifically why he does not want SD. Everyone else just says they do not personally need it.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had a few phones that had SD card slots. I have owned a BB Curve that I actually bought a SD card for and never once had a use for. I later gave the SD card to a friend and gave the BB Curve to another friend.

I currently have a cheap Samsung phone that I bought at Walmart a week before buying my Nexus 4 and have never wanted to buy a SD card for it. I just don't have a need for it.

I have the 16GB Nexus 4 with almost 300 pictures on it that I took myself and also installed TomTom. I don't use it for music because I use a 160GB Classic in my car and have a few other iPods laying around as well PLUS a few iPhones that I prefer for music due to the iPod in them. I think the Google music player sucks.

As for the Nexus 4, I still 8.8GB of space left. If I need more space, TomTom can go to free up over 2GB of space because I actually have TomTom on my Nexus 7 that I use for the GPS.

I've just never had a use for an SD card.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Jerry is the first guy I have even seen online that can actually explain specifically why he does not want SD. Everyone else just says they do not personally need it.

And not needing it is not good enough reason for not having it? LOL. So basically every consumer should be forced to have it, even though they don't need it. This concept only serves to make google look smart. LOL.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen an online poll where people prefer NOT having SD. I have never met anyone in real life that prefers that either (not even iOS owners). At most, they say they are indifferent because they don't think they need it. That is not the same as thinking no SD is better.

You don't see those polls because it is insignificant. Most people don't care which they have, internal or external, as long as it is a sufficient amount. 16GB is sufficient for most people. Then there are those few for which it isn't, yet they bought the phone anyways.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
And not needing it is not good enough reason for not having it?
Fewer options are a good thing? What are you losing by having an option for expansion?

So basically every consumer should be forced to have it
You forgot to put "forced" in quotes.

No one uses SD against their will. If you take the card out you now no longer have SD. But you cannot add SD to a phone that does not support it.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
There are lots of polls about which features people look for when comparing phones. Those are a big revenue source for some analyst firms, which sell them to device vendors and operators. Sometimes the analysts provide a few highlights in press releases and media interviews, but for the most part, anyone who wants to know what consumers think of SD cards, camera resolution, battery life, etc. will have to pony up $5K-$10K for a report -- and even more if you want custom research.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Fewer options are a good thing? What are you losing by having an option for expansion?

You forgot to put "forced" in quotes.

No one uses SD against their will. If you take the card out you now no longer have SD. But you cannot add SD to a phone that does not support it.

You still fail to see the point I made. If I buy a phone without sd because I don't need it, there would no concern over not being able to add it. That point you make is moot. The simple solution is always, if you need a certain feature on a phone, buy a phone that has it. If it is that important, than one shouldn't mind paying more for a different phone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so one poll. That still does not equate to polls. Interesting result so far.

One poll from a tech site.... That's like polling only pig farmers about what kind of meat tastes best and assuming the ret of the world agrees.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD