Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: T mobile charge for Micro- Sim Card.

The only time I got a sim card included was with my Nexus 7. That is because even though the Nexus 7 is unlocked, you still choose the carrier (just like an iPad) so that when you get the device, you can activate it with the carrier as soon as you get it.

They could easily do that with the Nexus 4 but they don't.

I had to pay for the 2gb add on $10/mo., CA sales tax, and $11.99 overnight shipping. Just got my snail mail bill today and no sim card charges. FWIW. I'm surprised that the prices and policies are not consistent in their corporate stores though.

Global Posts
    1,724 Global Posts

Free sims (normal and mirco) with promo code: 99SIM
    SIM Card details from T-Mobile

I wasn't charged anything at the at&t store for my SIM. I just asked the rep for one and he went to the back and got one, activated it, and sent me on my way. One of the best experiences I have ever had at a phone store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    T-Mobile's representatives are wildly inconsistent; in-store, online, or on the phone. There's really no way to tell who has the right answer unless you already know yourself. I love the plans, and the coverage is fine where I live, but I dread the occasions when I need to ask customer service for anything.
    I so agree if it wasn't for the price and cell service is run,man you can talk to 2 online,2 on the phone and 2 in the store and you'll get 6 complete diff stories it happens every time

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

what tool did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffepops View Post
    I used a cheap SIM card tool to punch my standard SIM into a micro SIM in no time. I gently smoothed the edges with very fine sandpaper, and its been working like a charm for months.
    What tool did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarawithanh View Post
    What tool did you use?
    Most dealers have one of these. I brought a SIM to a T-Mo store and the guy happily pulled out his tool and cut mine down to size. No charge

You can find them on Amazon and lots of other places. Just search for 'sim cutter'.

Anyone else that runs into this "problem" - check ebay for t mobile sims. Usually you can find them for even cheaper than the $10 t-mo charges for them online. To the OP - if you are a postpaid customer, I'm surprised the guy in the store tried to charge you for a sim card. That's pretty crappy. Even if you're prepaid, I'm surprised he didn't just stick it in a sim cutter for you. That's bad customer service.

I am already on the prepaid $30/month 100 voice/unl. data "Walmart" plans. But I currently have an Iphone with a standard sim. If I order one of these starter sim kits from tmobile with a micro sim for my Nexus 4, and then bring it to a tmobile store, will they then transfer my number to the micro sim at no cost?

Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Free sims (normal and mirco) with promo code: 99SIM
    SIM Card details from T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Stevens View Post
    I am already on the prepaid $30/month 100 voice/unl. data "Walmart" plans. But I currently have an Iphone with a standard sim. If I order one of these starter sim kits from tmobile with a micro sim for my Nexus 4, and then bring it to a tmobile store, will they then transfer my number to the micro sim at no cost?
    Yes, but you have to choose that option during activation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

After I receive the new micro SIM from TMO in the mail, do I NEED to go to a TMO store to get the number moved over from my old standard size SIM to the micro SIM, or can I call TMO to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBeit View Post
    Yes, but you have to choose that option during activation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock: GNex; dalepl rom

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Stevens View Post
    After I receive the new micro SIM from TMO in the mail, do I NEED to go to a TMO store to get the number moved over from my old standard size SIM to the micro SIM, or can I call TMO to do it?
    You can try it online (or call). Just gave my nexus4 to my son who had his galaxy nexus on T-Mobile $30./100 talk plan. Instead of sending my card cutter, I'd purchased the micro sim when they we're $1. Unfortunately, he hit a snag but went to online chat and had it working almost immediately. He's getting 25dl/5ul--same as his cable internet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sarawithanh View Post
    What tool did you use?
    I use this tool, I didn't have to sand it down any further, this tool worked perfectly. The adapters also worked with my Gnex, just have to be careful install and removing it from the Gnex.

Amazon.com: Noosy [2nd Generation] Micro SIM Cutter, with 2 SIM adapters (Color: Black or Silver): Computers & Accessories
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12