T mobile charge for Micro- Sim Card.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I found out my Nexus 4 is supposed to be here this afternoon ( still waiting for UPS). I also found out that the phone from the Play Store does not come with a micro sim card, so I had to go to a T mobile store and get one. The first store I went to was an authorized dealer and he said he didn't have any ( sounded like BS to me ), and that I had to drive 10 miles to a "Factory T Mobile Store". I drove up there, stood in line for 30 minutes, and finally got to the counter and explained that I needed a micro sim card. He said , " That will be $21.95.:mad: I said, " You are kidding me", I have been a T mobile customer for around 14 years, and you are going to charge me for a sim card because I am getting another phone, to replace the clunker you sold me 18 months ago? He finally, after I threatened to post on every social media and forum I could think of, what they were charging me, agreed to give me the card for free. So be aware, that if you get your phone from the Play Store, you have to pay tax, shipping, and for the micro sim card.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I found out my Nexus 4 is supposed to be here this afternoon ( still waiting for UPS). I also found out that the phone from the Play Store does not come with a micro sim card, so I had to go to a T mobile store and get one. The first store I went to was an authorized dealer and he said he didn't have any ( sounded like BS to me ), and that I had to drive 10 miles to a "Factory T Mobile Store". I drove up there, stood in line for 30 minutes, and finally got to the counter and explained that I needed a micro sim card. He said , " That will be $21.95.:mad: I said, " You are kidding me", I have been a T mobile customer for around 14 years, and you are going to charge me for a sim card because I am getting another phone, to replace the clunker you sold me 18 months ago? He finally, after I threatened to post on every social media and forum I could think of, what they were charging me, agreed to give me the card for free. So be aware, that if you get your phone from the Play Store, you have to pay tax, shipping, and for the micro sim card.

Your not from Lehigh Valley, pa are you the guy at the store the tried the same crop with me, lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
It is like this with every carrier. The squeaky wheel will get the grease. If you yell at them enough you can get almost any charge waived heh heh.

I bought my Nexus 4 through a T-Mobile store...they did not charge me for the SIM card. I think carriers include the cost with subsidized phones but charge you if you bring your own phone.

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here in NYC. I had to get a SIM card for t-mobile since I'm leaving AT&T and the dude charged me $10 for the SIM card and told me he had to put a minimum of $15 credit on the account to activate. He gave me a new T-Mobile number and the $15 is set up as their $2 a day unlimited talk, text and web 2G. If I didn't need the SIM card I would have sent them to Hell. All in all with tax I paid $28

superbird

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Vastly different experience at my T-Mo store here in Memphis. Bought my N4 from the play store. Did not charge for the card and waived the activation fee. Whole thing took about 15 minutes.

Posted via Android Central App

jeffepops

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I used a cheap SIM card tool to punch my standard SIM into a micro SIM in no time. I gently smoothed the edges with very fine sandpaper, and its been working like a charm for months.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
T mobile charges $427 for the 16 GB version of the Nexus 4. The Nexus 4 16 GB from PS is $384 including shipping and tax. Not a $150 difference.
Pretty sure you still have to pay tax on top of the $427 from T-Mobile. They give you free shipping, but you still have to pay tax.

Zapped

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
After reading way too many horror stories about people cutting SIMs themselves, I just bought a new micro SIM from T-Mobile for something like $1. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Choorp, please post an URL to the T-Mobile site where you can purchase a SIM card for "something like $1". I remember several months ago I found replacement cards reasonably priced, but just yesterday I needed a micro-SIM for my new Nexus 4 & had to go to the local T-Mobile retail center. Any sized SIM card on the T-Mobile site is $10, but you have to select a service plan to add to it. I didn't see an option to just order the card without adding new service to it. Here's the URL.

At the retail counter in NW Austin TX, it was $10 for the new micro-SIM card (just like the website currently) - no other charges besides local sales tax. Salesman was very competent so it took about 3 minutes to shift my account from my current standard SIM (for my old Nexus S) to the new micro-SIM card, keeping my same cell phone number.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and the SIMs are $10 now. Back in February, I only paid $1.05 for my micro SIM. T-Mobile even shipped it for free! :D

Sent via Nexus 4

dgwphotography

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
About a month ago, I gave my galaxy Nexus to my youngest, because she was having problems with her HTC Amaze. The Nexus couldn't read her sim, and I went to the local t-mobile store, and they gave me a replacement for free.

Posted via Android Central App

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
T mobile charges $427 for the 16 GB version of the Nexus 4. The Nexus 4 16 GB from PS is $384 including shipping and tax. Not a $150 difference.

Before the new plans came out, the N4 was $500 on T-Mobile. I thought the price would stay the same.

Okay, so it's a $75 difference (no, you can't count tax (which varies and is even nonexistent in some place) and shipping as part of the phone's price).

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, when I bought my N4, the SIM I ordered from T-Mobile was free (with free shipping). Their prices must have changed.