Bad bad bad battery life

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello, im new here. I've bought me a nexus 4 3 weeks ago, and now i observed that the battery doesn't last more than 6-7 hours :( i also tried many "pro" battery saving apps, but they didn't help.... I'll atach some screenshots with the phone's battery statistics and with the statistics from the "battery stats plus" app. I really need help, because i use my phone all day, and i have to recharge it 2times a day
2yjzlog.png

eip00y.png

2ezlqp5.png

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello, im new here. I've bought me a nexus 4 3 weeks ago, and now i observed that the battery doesn't last more than 6-7 hours
That is normal. Google decided that it would be a great idea to deny us the option of upgrading the battery while making sure the unit had a crappy embedded battery.

I am getting the same battery life. If you want to improve it, you will have to get used to turning stuff down or off. I simply charge it whenever possible. Maybe someday Google will finally get it. It's a good thing the rest of the phone is so awesome.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I get about 3.5 hours of screen time from mine. That's as good or better than any other Android phone I've owned over the past few years.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting longer screen on time from my N4 than I did with my HTC Inspire. With a charger at home, at work, and in the car, I usually just plug it in if I see it going low. It charges fairly quick until it gets to 90%.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Op, you have something draining your battery that is not the natural state of the phone. I am at 13 hours with 4 hours of screen time and still have 1/3 of my battery charge. If you compare charts. The drain with your phone is obvious. I am rooted, but I am stock, including kernel. Perhaps it is being caused by an app you installed. View attachment 69221 uploadfromtaptalk1369366564621.jpg

Last edited:

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This isn't normal. I normally get at least 4 hours of screen time on my Nexus 4, and it can easily last through the day. What wireless connectivity options (Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc) do you have enabled? What's your screen brightness level?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That is normal. Google decided that it would be a great idea to deny us the option of upgrading the battery while making sure the unit had a crappy embedded battery.

I am getting the same battery life. If you want to improve it, you will have to get used to turning stuff down or off. I simply charge it whenever possible. Maybe someday Google will finally get it. It's a good thing the rest of the phone is so awesome.
seriously you dont have anywhere to troll?? i get very good battery life. do you even own N4
Screenshot_2013-04-23-16-20-34.pngScreenshot_2013-04-23-16-20-40.png
Screenshot_2013-03-13-13-03-40.pngScreenshot_2013-02-14-12-20-41.png

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks fot help and opinions, but i also dont think that thos is configured by google, not to last longer than 8 or 10 hours. My screen brightness is almost 20% my Wi - fi is on, but when im at school i turn it offto save battery. Bluetooth gpa, everything off...

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried, its the same... I have one more question.. What to do if the screen sucks 30% of the battery? What can i change, because im all day with the btightness level at 20% and i get rarely 3 hours screen time...

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
seriously you dont have anywhere to troll??
Everyone you disagree with is a Troll? LOL

I am not the only one who thinks this phone has crappy battery life. I see your screen time is 17%...if you turn down the screen or keep it off, of course you will get good battery life.

We should not have to jump through those hoops. I never had to turn anything down or off on my Rezound, and I got well over a day. Extended batteries are awesome.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Dude, how else would all the visitors to this forum know how terribad the N4 is, if he wasn't here to tell us all in 9/10 threads? Use your head man!
Anything negative must be mocked in the Nexus 4 forum. For the nexus is perfection on Earth, and anyone who does not agree is a heretic. All our self worth is tied to our phones, and any criticism of the phone is a criticism of us.

I have seen the light.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude, how else would all the visitors to this forum know how terribad the N4 is, if he wasn't here to tell us all in 9/10 threads? Use your head man!

Dude, I am not mad about he/she saying that his/her N4 is getting bad battery life. people do get bad battery with N4, i agree

I cannot accept this point and its totally not true "That is normal." "while making sure the unit had a crappy embedded battery."

that is not normal and i dont get crappy battery life. that point was totally misleading. it implied that all N4 get crappy battery life.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Anything negative must be mocked in the Nexus 4 forum. For the nexus is perfection on Earth, and anyone who does not agree is a heretic. All our self worth is tied to our phones, and any criticism of the phone is a criticism of us.

I have seen the light.

The problem is the comments you made sidestep the issue the op has and could possibly mislead him into believing his battery drain is normal. I get good battery life and I have nothing turned off. Obviously you don't agree, but that is just your opinion and there will be a few that agree with you. But simply saying my battery only lasted six hours could be misleading, as could saying my battery lasted two days. It is matter how much you use the phone first and how long that lasted, screen time mainly. In the op's case, he obviously has some nasty battery drain that is being caused by something abnormal.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
that is not normal and i dont get crappy battery life. that point was totally misleading. it implied that all N4 get crappy battery life.
Like I said, I am hardly the only one complaining about it.

Battery life is yet another segment of the performance that's confused us. Since the Nexus 4 uses the same 2,100mAh battery (and power-friendly Krait chip) as the Optimus G, we expected to record essentially the same runtime. Much to our surprise, however, it was considerably worse in both our tests and our real-life use.

Nexus 4 review

"OMG engadget stop trolling!" lol

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The problem is the comments you made sidestep the issue the op has and could possibly mislead him into believing his battery drain is normal.
I get similar battery life. Of course, I do not turn anything off. His screen time is 32%, so he probably uses it like I do.

I am resigned to the fact that I can't change it and have just gotten used to charging it whenever I can. I still love the phone despite this flaw. But to pretend this is not a problem for the nexus 4 is ridiculous IMO.

I will say one thing I like about the nexus battery...it sure does charge fast. At least compared to previous phones.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I get similar battery life. Of course, I do not turn anything off. His screen time is 32%, so he probably uses it like I do.

I am resigned to the fact that I can't change it and have just gotten used to charging it whenever I can. I still love the phone despite this flaw. But to pretend this is not a problem for the nexus 4 is ridiculous IMO.

I will say one thing I like about the nexus battery...it sure does charge fast. At least compared to previous phones.

Did you compare his screen shot to mine? Mine shows 61% for screen and only 5% for android system, while his is 32% for screen and 11% for android system. Generally, you want the screen time to be high because that is where you want most of your usage going. His android system usage being high already tells you that he has some drain going on and the graph confirms it.