Having issues with Google Voice Search/Now

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Seeing as there has already been 2 people telling me that Google Voice doesn't do what I'm taking about, YES, I KNOW! I'm talking about Google "VOICE SEARCH", not Google Voice. Please read the full title of the thread, maybe that would prevent the type of comments I'm referring to.

Recently it has been taking around three seconds from when I say "Google" or tap the mic to when it starts listening for what I say. Can anyone help?

Also, with Google Now, for the past few days the weather card for my town has not been showing up at all. I went to see if the Google help page would have anything and I saw this:

http://www.imgur.com/tsjVSxx.png

I have not changed any settings, nor do I know what Google Apps for Business is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

thinksInCode

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an answer for you, sadly, but I can confirm this has been happening to me as well. Seems to have been since they pushed the latest voice search additions after the I/O keynote. It takes several seconds sometimes after tapping the search button before I hear the chime that prompts me to speak.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Recently it has been taking around three seconds from when I say"Google" or tap the mic to when it starts listening for what I say. Can anyone help?

Also, with Google Now, for the past few days the weather card for my town has not been showing up at all. I went to see if the Google help page would have anything and I saw this:

http://www.imgur.com/tsjVSxx.png

I have not changed any settings, nor do I know what Google Apps for Business is.

I thought that was normal?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Also, what you are writing about has noting to do with Google Voice. Google Voice is an app that is used to make phone calls with that can involve using an alternate phone number to give out so people can reach you on different phones and even non phones such as a Nexus 7. There are other features as well.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Also, what you are writing about has noting to do with Google Voice. Google Voice is an app that is used to make phone calls with that can involve using an alternate phone number to give out so people can reach you on different phones and even non phones such as a Nexus 7. There are other features as well.

Voice Search, not Voice. Reread the title.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Well it still reads as Google Voice/search/now to me.

6uzage9u.jpg

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so the weather card just showed up in Google Now, now what about the Voice Search mic delay?