Apps that I'm missing...

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got myself a Nexus 4, but I'm missing a few basic apps... which I expected to be in there by default.
Can anyone recommend me which ones to get;

- Notepad isn't there
- Contacts icon isn't there (I did not insert my simcard yet, as it's still in my old phone... don't know if that has anything to do with it)
- Video Player
- Music Player
- Voice Recorder

* And can anyone tell me how to delete empty pages?
By default there are 5 pages on the homescreen, however I only use 4, so I'd like to delete that 5th...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus devices try to ship with as little on them as possible.

Notepad isn't there
'

Not 100% sure what you mean by Notepad, if you mean a notetaking app, try Google Keep or Evernote.
If you mean a word processor, Google Drive.

- Contacts icon isn't there (I did not insert my simcard yet, as it's still in my old phone... don't know if that has anything to do with it)

This app is called People. It's a blue and white icon.

Video Player

Movies play directly from the Gallery (ones you take, download, etc.) and there is also YouTube and Google Play Movies & TV

Music Player

Google Play Music is the default, you can download others, like Amazon, etc.

Voice Recorder

Not 100% sure what this one means either. Do you mean for note taking or transcription, etc? Voice to text is built into the OS and is found in just about every app as part of the keyboard, should be a microphone button next to the space bar.

* And can anyone tell me how to delete empty pages?
By default there are 5 pages on the homescreen, however I only use 4, so I'd like to delete that 5th...

This is done by using a 3rd party launcher, such as Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sw.launcher&feature=nav_result&token=ozzVKc8a
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....launcher&feature=related_apps&token=9ozWl4jZ

For more info on those two, check out those links and/or search in the forums here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae