How to secure data - Nexus 4

fayaz02

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys need your suggestion.
In my city incidents of mobile phone snatching are very high. Therefore as a safe side, what precautions should I take in order to :
1. How to log off Google accounts from my phone remotely.
2. How to maintain a synchronized backup copy of contacts.
3. How to secure emails / email accounts official and one personal of gmail.
4. How to secure data i.e contacts, emails, email accounts, Google account, photos and any other data.
4. Any other precautionary steps.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1. I use 2 step authentication. To use this credential on Android Phone you need to use application specific password instead of your normal Google password.
so if your phone get lost you can go to web and revoke access to that Application specific password.

2. its built into Android. make sure settings-->backup and reset-->backup up my data
to sync contacts go to settings-->Google-->[Your gmail account]-->Contacts is checked
To verify go here and see if you could see the contacts https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#contacts

3. have a password lock on the phone.

4. if you want to secure it further do an encryption on the phone. its in settings-->security

fayaz02

May 25, 2013
Visit site
@still1 these settings you guided will help but it somehow does not look sufficient to me in case of snatching incident including the built in screen lock.

Will you recommend any application with which I could password protect some selected applications/data like email accounts, pictures etc. There had been a famous application for symbion OS "Advance Device lock" which worked perfectly fine. I could not find similar type of application for Android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

fayaz02

May 25, 2013
Visit site
How is the "mobile security and anti virus" of trust go. Is it good one and can I rely on it. Is it better than lookout

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: