So LG will replace the back if it gets broken?

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I've read threads where people have sent their broken back of their N4 to LG to fix it. Most costed under $100. Is this true?

I don't have a cracked back on my N4, just for future reference.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If your device is still within your manufacturer warranty, yes they should. LG is very forgiving, you may have to pay some money for it but they will fix it.

It takes about 2-3 weeks though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
If your device is still within your manufacturer warranty, yes they should. LG is very forgiving, you may have to pay some money for it but they will fix it.

It takes about 2-3 weeks though.

Does the unlocked N4 from the Play Store have any kind of warranty?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Does the unlocked N4 from the Play Store have any kind of warranty?

As far as I know all of LGs phones ship with a two year manufacturer warranty. It should be somewhere in the documentation that came with your phone.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Pick up your Nexus 4. Look on the bottom, without any sort of case or anything on it and with the SIM card tray removed. See those two screw heads? Remove them, and the back glass actually pries right out using your thumbnail or a guitar pick.

The replacement drops right in and replacing the screws locks it in place. Literally, 30 seconds to change one. Just make sure you buy one WITH the buttons, NFC antenna and wireless charger included (about 60 bucks from eBay) or are able to remove the same parts from your original back (they're stuck on with glue).

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Warranty is one year and doesn't cover any damage you have caused yourself. They will replace but not for free

The dood

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I just want to know if there's a more reliable place to get a replacement than ebay.
I've heard lots of people getting promised an OEM part, & then it shows up without NFC & wireless.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
What about something like a square trade warranty? Anyone do this for their Nexus 4 or other phone? I got a coupon from them by email last week for 30% off a new warranty contract. Since I just ordered my new Nexus 4 today thinking about this.

Thoughts?

Mikey

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What about something like a square trade warranty? Anyone do this for their Nexus 4 or other phone? I got a coupon from them by email last week for 30% off a new warranty contract. Since I just ordered my new Nexus 4 today thinking about this.

Thoughts?

Mikey

Not sure I would do that for the Nexus 4. The Warranty might cost $100 and then they have a deductible of $99 for each repair. Right there, you already at $200 for a single repair when you could buy the replacement back on eBay for $60. I might have cost and deductible wrong, but I think I am close. The iPhone is a much better deal with Square Trade becasue the deductible is only $50.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I did it as an add on to a tablet policy with Worth Ave Group. As long as the coverage amount covers the cost of tablet and phone the phone is a $5 add on to the policy and both have a $0 deductible and since it is insurance there are unlimited claims, versus one and done with square trade. I think it was in the $45 range for one year to cover a nexus 7 and Nexus 4 with a discount code. And WAG will cover any phone, new, used, refurbished, no matter the age, you do not have to be in a 30 day window after purchase.

May not be worth it to everyone, but I have a two year old who already broke the back of my N4.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Warranty is a year I believe - However if a fault occurs, after this time zone. Check with your countries consumer watchdog about their phones expected life. Over here extended warranties are pointless as if a product fails within the time zone the watchdog says it should last they manufacturer is held accountable. E.g If i bought the latest TV for $X, the warranty is for 1 year, but it dies at 1.5 years and the watchdog says it should last 2 then you have the right to file a claim. Just good information to know in the future if you ever need it. Personally I haven't used it but its something worth knowing.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I never do insurance through carriers/assurion or whatever. My cousin dropped her HTC evo 4g in water, 150 deductible. The damn phone can be had for $169 brand new right now. Instead went to best buy and got her an Optimus G free with renewal. Now our phones are cousins too.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just want to know if there's a more reliable place to get a replacement than ebay.
I've heard lots of people getting promised an OEM part, & then it shows up without NFC & wireless.
I used to be leery of eBay as well, but I have found that they are as reliable as a storefront so long as you pay attention to reviews. Make sure the vendor has lots of them (like in the thousands, and recent) and that they are overwhelmingly positive (like 95%+). I am sure vendors do pad their own reviews, but it would be difficult or impossible to do in the thousands. The reviews will give you a good idea of how cooperative, fast, and reliable they are.

I never do insurance through carriers/assurion or whatever. My cousin dropped her HTC evo 4g in water, 150 deductible. The damn phone can be had for $169 brand new right now. Instead went to best buy and got her an Optimus G free with renewal. Now our phones are cousins too.
Insurance does make sense if your phone is expensive retail. If you run over your $650 Galaxy S4, you will be glad to have insurance. I agree that people need to take the deductible into consideration though.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I do do insurance, just with WAG with no deductible instead of with the carrier or a warranty with square trade. Hehe, said do do.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Check with your credit card company before purchasing a phone to see what kind of warranty it offers. For example, AMEX doubles the manufacturer's base warranty, so that's why I don't buy extended warranties such as AppleCare for my Macs.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Check with your credit card company before purchasing a phone to see what kind of warranty it offers. For example, AMEX doubles the manufacturer's base warranty, so that's why I don't buy extended warranties such as AppleCare for my Macs.

Warranty doesn't cover many things like water damage, loss, theft, breakage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac