Fitbit flex

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my white n4 only to find out that its not a supported device for the fitbit flex. Anyone have any insight on why its not supported or if it will ever? How about pebble watches, does anyone use a pebble with the n4?

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe the flex isn't able to sync with the Nexus4 because the Nexus doesn't support Bluetooth 4 low energy unlike the SGSIII and Note II. I've see rumors floating around the Internet that the next version of Android was going to natively support Bluetooth 4 LE, but until the next version is out we won't know for sure. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've got both the flex and an N4, my solution is to just have the fit it app on my phone and then sync my progress from the flex to either my laptop, if I'm home, or to my iPad Mini which then does the cloud sync and pushes notifications to my phone.

dorblayzer

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
as far as i know, the fitbit flex andorid app is not supported on all countries, i'm from israel, and no support here.. maybe this is the reason

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe the flex isn't able to sync with the Nexus4 because the Nexus doesn't support Bluetooth 4 low energy unlike the SGSIII and Note II. I've see rumors floating around the Internet that the next version of Android was going to natively support Bluetooth 4 LE, but until the next version is out we won't know for sure. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've got both the flex and an N4, my solution is to just have the fit it app on my phone and then sync my progress from the flex to either my laptop, if I'm home, or to my iPad Mini which then does the cloud sync and pushes notifications to my phone.

So you have the fit ibt app on your n4 and ipad but sync it to your ipad or laptop? Then your app on your n4 will update? Just want to make sure I do this right.

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep. It usually takes a few minutes for everything to update, but I can view my progress on my phone as long as the flex synced to either the laptop or iPad. One thing to note, for this to work the iPad or laptop needs to have an Internet connection to sync from the flex to the fitbit servers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey