Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth won't turn on

I'm unable to turn my bluetooth on. When I turn the phone off and back on, the bluetooth will turn on. ANy ideas?

Stock ROM, unrooted.

Default Re: Bluetooth won't turn on

Quote Originally Posted by mdandashly View Post
    I'm unable to turn my bluetooth on. When I turn the phone off and back on, the bluetooth will turn on. ANy ideas?
    There is a long thread on Google support regarding bluetooth problems with the Nexus 4, They have recommended resetting the Nexus 4 to fix the problem, and people have tried that with no positive results. Everyone is hoping that the update to Jellybean will fix it, or possibly Google is just ignoring the problem because it is a hardware issue.

Google Groups
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Looks like the link you sent me people are actually able to get the BT radio on, just having trouble with it. I can't even get the radio on.

Looks like the link you sent me people are actually able to get the BT radio on, just having trouble with it. I can't even get the radio on.
    But you said in your OP, that it would turn on if you restarted the phone. That is exactly the problem I have.

- - - Updated - - -

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Captainbob767 View Post
    But you said in your OP, that it would turn on if you restarted the phone. That is exactly the problem I have.

- - - Updated - - -
    Same here. If I don't use BT for a while, it will refuse to turn on. The toggle switch will revert back to off after several seconds, and then if I try again it will immediately turn off. Rebooting the phone will turn it on automatically however, and then it works fine (until I turn it off for a while). It's annoying, but given that I use BT only once a week or so, I can live with it. As noted, this is a known issue with the N4 that Google has yet to fix.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I guess I will try a restore, because I just installed a BT car kit so I'll be disappointed if it doesnt work.

I guess I will try a restore, because I just installed a BT car kit so I'll be disappointed if it doesnt work.
    It will work if you cycle the phone off and back on. If you reset the phone, you will be back where you started and have the same problem. This is a well known issue.

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

I have the same problem and require the same fix as everyone else (power it off and then power it back on and then the radio will turn on); but here's what's interesting: I have always had the problem on my Nexus 4, never had the problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 , nor on my Sony Tablet S, but I just bought a Nexus 7 and have the problem there now too. So I'm wondering if it it's a stock android issue that the manufacturers are aware of and fix in their custom roms. At first, I thought maybe it was an app that was doing it, since my new Nexus 7 had auto-installed most of the apps that my Nexus 4 had, but I could never tell which app it was. Now, however, seeing that others have the problem as well, I think it's a stock Android issue.

Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    I have the same problem and require the same fix as everyone else (power it off and then power it back on and then the radio will turn on); but here's what's interesting: I have always had the problem on my Nexus 4, never had the problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 , nor on my Sony Tablet S, but I just bought a Nexus 7 and have the problem there now too. So I'm wondering if it it's a stock android issue that the manufacturers are aware of and fix in their custom roms. At first, I thought maybe it was an app that was doing it, since my new Nexus 7 had auto-installed most of the apps that my Nexus 4 had, but I could never tell which app it was. Now, however, seeing that others have the problem as well, I think it's a stock Android issue.
    I am hoping it is fixed in the next version of Android.

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

This does seem to be fixed in 4.3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    This does seem to be fixed in 4.3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    So far yes, but I personally hadn't restarted my phone in weeks so I won't know. I'm hoping the update to 4.3 did fix this.
    Nexus 5 16GB - JB 4.4 - Unboxed and using!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 - ICS 4.0.4 (Samsung)

The update fixed it on mine, haven't had to restart phone in a week, and Bluetooth works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

So far, BT is working perfect for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4