When I hit the power button to turn on or off the screen, it takes 2 seconds to turn on / off. I'm using Franco Kernel 3.4.0. If I restart the phone, sometimes it temporarily solves the problem but it always ends up coming back.

Here's a video that shows the issue:

Anyone else experiencing this issue or have any solutions?
    06-03-2013 09:21 AM
    Try a different kernel? I have no problems running stock.
    06-03-2013 09:29 AM
    Franco helps a lot with battery life so I'd like to keep it if possible. Do you think it's a Franco kernel related issue?
    06-03-2013 09:38 AM
    Franco helps a lot with battery life so I'd like to keep it if possible. Do you think it's a Franco kernel related issue?
    could be!! I have seen a similar issue long time ago using this kernel.

are you on the latest version?
    06-03-2013 10:10 AM
    I just powered my display off and back on. I am running the most recent stable version of the Franco kernel on an otherwise stock rooted Nexus 4.

No delay. It was almost immediate.

EDIT - I notice you are using a security screen in that video...I am not. I am using only the normal lock screen without password. That could be the delay maybe?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-03-2013 10:14 AM
    +1 for latest stable franco.Kernel (M2) with stock ROM and not experiencing this problem...

Stable vs Nightly is the most immediate question to address in the trouble shooting decision tree, IMHO.
    06-03-2013 01:09 PM
    Maybe you changed the settings for franco kernel is order to save more battery. Unfortunately, saving more battery usually means slower performance. I remember on matr1x kernel there was a slight delay when I pressed the power button. This was probably due to the lowest cpu frequency being 184mhz
    06-03-2013 01:16 PM
    Maybe you changed the settings for franco kernel is order to save more battery. Unfortunately, saving more battery usually means slower performance.
    ^^^ This

I have already seen this myself. Some of the performance profiles lower the max speed of the CPU cores. They will also limit how low the cores can run. If you for the CPUs to run low it will save you battery power but that the cost of responsiveness. If it has to throttle up from running at a very low speed, this will cause a delay.

I boosted mine back up exactly for this reason. I noticed lag(!) on my nexus 4 for the first time with the stock Franco kernel. I changed the settings to allow max CPU speed (1.5ghz) and set a minimum speed of 384mhz or whatever. I may have just eliminated battery savings, but it is now as responsive as stock.
    06-03-2013 01:44 PM
    I was using the nightly version. I hadn't modified the any of the CPU settings and the delay was occurring intermittently so it wasn't a constant issue I just switched able to the latest stable version M2 so will keep everyone updated.
    06-03-2013 02:44 PM
    Frankly I am not all that impressed with the Franco kernel as far as battery life savings...It seems about the same to me. But it is still awesome because it allows me to do other stuff (like adjusting the gamma on my display).
    06-03-2013 03:40 PM
    Hi. im a newbie in this forums and ran across this thread as ive been having this similar issue lately This has also been happening to my nexus 4 recently. Running on all stock. What could have been causing this? And any fix?
    Thanks in advance
    08-09-2013 06:03 AM