Nexus 4: Psychic or ...?

SkBurner

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
So weird thing with my phone I've been trying to work out for a while

When I search on google on my work machine the phone knows what I've been searching for and will create a card on google now with a sort of resemblance to the search. For example yesterday I searched on my work pc for the distance between leeds and durham, a card popped up on google now on my Nexus 4 giving me directions and a traffic update!

I've never connected my phone to the pc via usb, I don't have the wireless password and the network is not saved on my phone as I've never connected to it, there's also no bluetooth on the pc either. I'll also mention I'm not logged in to my google account on the work pc.

What's going on?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
they have put an implant behind your ear.

just kiddin...............you are using chrome and now is learning about you. you are signed into your account which is linked to you phone. now is going be the shet soon

SkBurner

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
At work I use IE on the pc and I have settings in IE to clear all history on exit, I'm pretty sure I'm not logged into my google account at work but I have been in the past so maybe clearing all history still leaves me logged into the account.

It's not a bad thing just been bugging me that's all

Bob Coxner

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
they have put an implant behind your ear.

just kiddin...............you are using chrome and now is learning about you. you are signed into your account which is linked to you phone. now is going be the shet soon

I use Firefox, not Chrome, but when I do a Google search on the PC (such as the office hours for a local doctor) I still get a relevant Google Now card on my Nexus a few minutes later. Really startled me the first time it happened.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol yeah as long as you are logged into Google on the PC, regardless of browser, Google will use anything it can to learn about what you are interested in and be more helpful with Google Now on your phone. Works in other areas too, for example, I was listening to music via a youtube vid on my computer and a day later when I opened the Play Store on my phone it had the track as a suggested buy for me along with other similar music. Actually its very cool :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63