Smashed my N4...

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
so i finally did it, my N4 got destroyed one day, Went on an MVA that one of my fellow Vollies had, got back and dropped my phone in my bay.. Face first.. hit the corner and cracked the front Screen, 2 crack's.. Made the phone completley unusable, I can see the screen, but touching does nothing.

(I volunteer for a local EMS Dept sorry if that was a weird intro)

ANYWAY! I was wondering if any of you know where I can find affordable part's, and if the repair is easy enough, I replace iPhone screens at work (GeekSquad Store) and HTC Evo Screen's, no soldering or melting, just screw's.. Any of you know if its that easy?

Also where to get the material, or if you think its just cheaper to buy a new N4.. Since there's no way in H___ that im going to buy a HTC One when the Moto X and the HTC M is around the corner :p

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Ouch! Curious...did you have a case on your device? I just got my nexus today and terrified of dropping it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Emma Challis

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
so i finally did it, my N4 got destroyed one day, Went on an MVA that one of my fellow Vollies had, got back and dropped my phone in my bay.. Face first.. hit the corner and cracked the front Screen, 2 crack's.. Made the phone completley unusable, I can see the screen, but touching does nothing.

(I volunteer for a local EMS Dept sorry if that was a weird intro)

ANYWAY! I was wondering if any of you know where I can find affordable part's, and if the repair is easy enough, I replace iPhone screens at work (GeekSquad Store) and HTC Evo Screen's, no soldering or melting, just screw's.. Any of you know if its that easy?

Also where to get the material, or if you think its just cheaper to buy a new N4.. Since there's no way in H___ that im going to buy a HTC One when the Moto X and the HTC M is around the corner :p

Ouch!

Hopefully you can find something of use on this website Nexus 4 Repair - iFixit or this Nexus 4 Teardown - iFixit

If you've changed screens before then I'm sure you won't find it too hard, just take your time. If there is no LCD bleeding, then you could probably get away with just replacing the broken digitizer, but I recommend buying the full package as it's often extremely difficult to separate the LCD and the digitizer. I had a quick look on ebay and there are a few on there, but I suggest trying to find a reliable manufacturer or even calling up LG and seeing how much they would charge you to fix it. If they charge you ?100 and the screen + digitizer is ?80 off ebay, you might as well send it to LG for repair. Better to be safe than sorry!

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

I recently shattered my N4's display. The entire display is fused together, so it does not matter if it is just the glass that is broken...you have to replace the entire module.

You can buy the digitizers on eBay for $100 or so I think. I have been told it is not difficult to replace the digitizer yourself so long as you follow instructions carefully (there are youtube videos showing in detail how to do it). I took mine to a cell repair shop...they had the part in stock and it was fixed in a few hours. Total cost after tax was $150.

LG NEXUS 4 (E960) screen replacement, lcd, digitizer - YouTube