Lightflow not working for Gmail

PaulDiM

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Here are 3 screenshots showing my setup.

Notice how in image #1 Gmail isn't highlighted or colored? Then in image #2 I have the Priority Inbox highlighted only. Then image #3 Lightflow is Enabled.

No matter what I do, I cannot get Lightflow to work when I receive an email using Gmail. Please help this is frustrating.

FYI I have the latest Gmail 4.5 and LightFlow 3.7.1

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.png
    2.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 3.png
    3.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 35

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that you have to turn on notifications for the new "tabs" or whatever they are called within the Gmail app itself. If you have not already, give that a shot and see what happens.

PaulDiM

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You are correct! Thank-you. I turned on the following items and now Lightflow shows me the Blue light! One minor issue, is that image #1 from my first post, the Gmail square is still NOT lit up/highlighted.

These are the items I turned on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-06-09-33-03.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-06-09-33-03.png
    90 KB · Views: 30

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
You are correct! Thank-you. I turned on the following items and now Lightflow shows me the Blue light! One minor issue, is that image #1 from my first post, the Gmail square is still NOT lit up/highlighted.

Not to worry. The Gmail square itself doesn't light up or become highlighted; only the individual labels that you want notifications for will be highlighted. In your first picture, look at the Gmail square. See that folder icon? From what i can tell, apps with that icon don't get highlighted, only their labels/cards do, a'la Gmail and Google Now. So long as you have a color assigned to whichever Gmail labels you'd like to be notified for, you're good to go.

bigknowz

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

From your screenshot, are you also getting notifications for email that are not in your priority inbox?

Zudnic

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Adding for posterity, since this is the #1 hit when Googling for this problem: if you are using Light Flow in conjunction with the Gmail Mark as Read app, you will need to reconfigure Light Flow to work off that app's notification (not native gmail). You therefore lose the granularity to do label specific notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch