Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook gives up on my Nexus 4

I'm fairly aware of the issues people have with the newest version of the Facebook app for android. People have reported that it's slow and is constantly restarting. I can attest to those close claims as being true. About three weeks ago, my Facebook app was working just fine, even while having the newest version. Pictures would upload rapidly, refreshing was almost instantaneous, notifications would pop up with almost no delay, etc. Everything was all peachy keen. Then out of nowhere, the app just went to hell. It would take forever for anything to update. Like my newsfeed, if it even bothered to refresh itself, would take I would say one hour or longer. It's ridiculous. Pretty much it's the opposite of smooth sailing. I had tried to reinstall the app to see if it would change anything and it did not. I tried installing an earlier version of Facebook to see if that would yield better results. Again, there was no improvement. I can't even fully log on to the app any more. It just says, once the little loading circle is complete, that the login failed and try again later. I find it funny because the same version of the app works on my friend's galaxy s3. So I believe that the app issue is just phone specific. For now, I just use Facebook in my web browser which is much faster. I also believe that the apps poor function is linked with the Facebook messenger app as well which is also acting inadequately. If there is any way to resolve these issues, feel free to let me know.

Thanks a bundle!

Default Re: Facebook gives up on my Nexus 4

Just say no to FaceBook.
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S

Global Posts
    6,012 Global Posts

You might want to try a 3rd party FB app like Friendcaster. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...blueNotifyFree

I was having the same problem today. It would try to load and then say it couldn't connect to the network. Reinstalled the Facebook app, same thing. Tried a half hour later and is working again. Seemed like a Facebook server problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 RC2

I gave up on the Facebook app. I tried a few third party apps but I found that browsing their mobile site was the best solution for me

Works fine for me! It will be Facebooks side of things.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Works fine for me! It will be Facebooks side of things.
    I agree, because after it started working yesterday afternoon ( my first time with a problem) it is now blazing fast, as it was before. I am positive that it is a sever problem at Facebook with the mobile server.

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Just say no to FaceBook.
    I left Facebook shortly after they stopped requiring EDU email addresses.

I played with the Facebook app on my N4 last night and this morning and it just doesn't work. If I try to update the news, or post a picture, it just starts loading and never finishes. The Facebook Android App is garbage. I then go to the Mobile Facebook site with Chrome, and everything works perfectly and up and downloads are instantaneous. They need to redo the app for Android 4.2.2