1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default whats happening to my nexus 4?

Okay, so just recently i scanned my phone for viruses and i was safe from harm. i used lookout premium to scan everything. and just yesterday i started being redirected almost every 3 minutes or so to a random website, asking me to download an antivirus, i thought it was chrome so i disabled it and in the morning when i woke up it was okay. but then around 730pm i started to get redirected to another website. why is this happening ? is this a spam or virus? please help!! it is so annoying!

Default Re: whats happening to my nexus 4?

Have you tried doing a factory data reset? It might be annoying to have to start fresh, but it also might rid you of your issue.

It would most definitely be an app you installed recently. I got this when I downloaded a livewallpaper.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No i have not. because when it stopped happening i thought it might have been for good. then i got out of work and it started to hhappen again.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

maybe, but my gf has the same problem at almost the exact same time, and she has the galaxy s3.and i know she hasnt been downloading anything lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    It would most definitely be an app you installed recently. I got this when I downloaded a livewallpaper.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

no i have not,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuhgrr View Post
    Have you tried doing a factory data reset? It might be annoying to have to start fresh, but it also might rid you of your issue.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Peeroo Adame View Post
    maybe, but my gf has the same problem at almost the exact same time, and she has the galaxy s3.and i know she hasnt been downloading anything lately.
    Does this only happen in one particular location, perhaps your house or when you're on some public wifi? If you're both getting the issue at the same time on two different phones, I would look to your connection itself as the culprit and not your phones. It sounds like whatever access point or ISP you're using is inserting some sort of redirect.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Always read reviews of apps before installing them. I have avoid several situations like this because reviewers warned me about obnoxious behavior from the app.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

No I happened at a certain time. Usually about from 7-11pm. I was on my mobile network and the on my own WiFi at home. But it didn't matter where I was, it would just happen at a certain time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    Does this only happen in one particular location, perhaps your house or when you're on some public wifi? If you're both getting the issue at the same time on two different phones, I would look to your connection itself as the culprit and not your phones. It sounds like whatever access point or ISP you're using is inserting some sort of redirect.

You must have installed something with advertising or something .. if I were you, i would uninstall the latest apps I've installed.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Device: LG Nexus 4 (16gb Faster bin)
    ROM: PA 3+ (UV -100)
    Kernel: franco.Kernel Latest Nightly

--== @ Sign up Copy below for 20GB free cloud (instead of only 15gb) @==--
    [link deleted by moderator]
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 06-14-2013 at 11:56 AM.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Try installing something like and see if you can figure out the culprit, if it is indeed an app.