Power on your computers using Nexus 4 and the charging POD (or any phone)

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Dear All,

I am new to this forum and I am very happy to be part of this community.

Recently, I purchased a Nexus 4 Wireless charging pod. I realized that ever since, the first thing I do when I get to work is to put my Nexus 4 on my charging pod and then proceed to turn on my computers. So I thought it would be interesting to write an app that automatically powers on my PCs by detecting that it has been placed on the wireless charger.

Here is the app I came up with. It is called "All Hail" (sorry for the bad icon that was done in paint which I will fix soon).

Playstore Link

Please take a look at this video to get an idea of what it is supposed to do:

If you do not have a charging pod or has a phone that does not support wireless charging, I have also put in a "All Hail" button on the main screen which you can press to get the same result.

The requirements for this to work are:

1) The phone is on the same network as your computers
2) You have enabled your computers to support Wake on LAN (usually need to enable this on the network card driver and then the BIOS). There are plenty of tutorials on google on how to enable WOL in your PC.

I hope you all will try this out. And I do apologize for any bugs since this is my first attempt to write an app. So please go easy on me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome