Wi-Fi Issue. Could anybody help me?

lxndr

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I know this has already been posted before, and believe me, it didn't help me at all.
My Nexus 4 arrived yesterday and I can't seem to be able to connect to Wi-fi properly, although 3g works just fine. Every time I do try to use wi-fi since yesterday the pages (I tried Chrome, Instagram, Google Play and Facebook) keep loading nonstop. And when something actually loads, it's a small picture (on Instagram's Explore tab) or some text (on Play Store).
Let me put this clearly: The wi-fi connects. The icon at the notification bar pops up (either gray or blue, I don't know the difference although I do think blue is better) but the pages take a whole lot of time to load up and most of the time it gives me a "Feed could not be loaded" kind of alert, otherwise it just loads a small piece of text and nothing more.

Please, help. Posting a new thread was my only choice before I have to send it back to the manufacturer (1 day after getting it). It'd be totally disappoiting lol

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Unplug your router, while it is unplugged, on your phone in wifi long press your wifi connection and click forget. Plug in your router and turn it on. Try to connect again. The Captain also asks a great question, have you tried on a different network, friends, work, free wifi at mcdonalds?

lxndr

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Is this on one Wifi location or have you tried more than one?
I actually tried a free network on a park near my home but I don't trust the results. Will try again at a friend's house later, thanks! I'll come back to you when I do.

Unplug your router, while it is unplugged, on your phone in wifi long press your wifi connection and click forget. Plug in your router and turn it on. Try to connect again. The Captain also asks a great question, have you tried on a different network, friends, work, free wifi at mcdonalds?

I had already tried that and it didn't work :/ Tried it again nonetheless but didn't work either. Thanks anyways, man, I'm gonna try Captain's method now.

lxndr

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
It's official: my router's the root of the problem. Both my school's and my friend's wifi worked perfectlt, so, what am I supposed to do? My router isn't that old and even after I reseted it, it still didn't work...

ps. sorry about double posting, my thread is already way down the list

- - - Updated - - -

It's official: my router's the root of the problem. Both my school's and my friend's wifi worked perfectlt, so, what am I supposed to do? My router isn't that old and even after I reseted it, it still didn't work...

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Get a new router, they are cheap.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you go to wifi settings and long press the home connection, then pick show advanced options, is there a proxy? If so write it down incase you need it later, and select none. If that doesn't work, maybe change your security settings on your router. If you don't want to do that or it doesn't help... a different router is the answer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463