Photos and Google+

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
How do I add and store my photos on to Google+ automatically, but also make sure that they are not seen by the public?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How do I add and store my photos on to Google+ automatically, but also make sure that they are not seen by the public?

Auto-backup takes care of that and they're not visible to anyone but you unless you choose to share them. Those are the default settings.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Auto-backup takes care of that and they're not visible to anyone but you unless you choose to share them. Those are the default settings.

Can I safely delete all of them off of my phone? What picture size is best to store. Google+ is asking me. Full size or 2048?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can I safely delete all of them off of my phone? What picture size is best to store. Google+ is asking me. Full size or 2048?

You can store up to 5GB (might be 15 shared between Drive, G+ and Gmail now) of full size and unlimited of 2048. Once they're backed up, yes you can remove them from your phone and they're still in the cloud. Just make sure that you're verifying they were backed up, deleting the version from your "camera" album, and not the auto backup album.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Which is why I stopped using Share Everything Book and only use G+ now. That and the app on Android gets way more love from Google than Facebutt for Android ever got from Zuckerberg an Co.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure that you're verifying they were backed up, deleting the version from your "camera" album, and not the auto backup album.

An easy way to ensure they are backed up on Google's server is to access your G+ account from a different device and search for the images.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You can store up to 5GB (might be 15 shared between Drive, G+ and Gmail now) of full size and unlimited of 2048. Once they're backed up, yes you can remove them from your phone and they're still in the cloud. Just make sure that you're verifying they were backed up, deleting the version from your "camera" album, and not the auto backup album.

When I click on Gallery I have the "camera" pics there that I want to delete, but I don't see an auto backup album?

PelegK

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Install Google+ app and set the upload to be automatic.
The pictures are only visible to you, unless you choose otherwise ..
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Device: LG Nexus 4 (16gb Faster bin)
ROM: PA 3+ (UV -100)
Kernel: franco.Kernel Latest Nightly

--== @ Sign up Copy below for 20GB free cloud (instead of only 15gb) @==--
[link deleted by moderator ]

Last edited by a moderator: