Frozen widgets.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes my widgets (clock, weather, power control) won't update. I would have to restart my phone like 3 times before they start working again. Any clue why this happens?

Posted from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I use Advanced Clock Widget, BeWeather, and Power Toggles. It's never just one frozen. It's always all at once.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you using any kind of battery saving app like the SnapDragon Battery Guru? Mine doesn't interfere with my widgets at all, but if they're pulling a lot of data for some reason it's possible the app has frozen them in an attempt to save battery. If you do have an app like that, check the settings and make sure those widgets are not turned off or set to only update after a lengthy delay.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Are you using any kind of battery saving app like the SnapDragon Battery Guru? Mine doesn't interfere with my widgets at all, but if they're pulling a lot of data for some reason it's possible the app has frozen them in an attempt to save battery. If you do have an app like that, check the settings and make sure those widgets are not turned off or set to only update after a lengthy delay.

I actually don't use any kind of battery saver. I did find out that the freezing occurs more often after I snoozed the alarm.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with my DigiClock widget freezing. I'd have to trash it from the homescreen and then place it back...

I believe some ad driven free apps have this problem. Since moving to the paid version it never freezes.

Cheryl Tower

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Ive had widgets freezing too... this is still happening wihout any anzwers or solutions for more than a year now. Ive had 2 phonea do the same thing now. A few suggestions online havent worked like keepi g lo ation and wireless on and turneing screen off & on or not clearing your recent app list when settings is in there. Mine still messed up and the only way to reset is turning phone off & back on only to have widgets freeze again a couple hours later. The most ive had widgets work right is 4 days

I should mention i have galaxy core lte

Last edited: