Just bought Nexus 4.

Rodger Myles

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I have not yet put my SIM in because I am not sure if I should use my old one from my Samsung device which is some 3 years old or by a new one. I use orange (EE) PAYG.

Advice appreciated.

PS, is there a film over a new nexus 4 screen? I don't want to pick at it if not!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is your 3 year old SIM the proper size? (micro SIM needed for N4) It shouldn't be "worn out" and you could try cleaning it with a pencil eraser first...

Yes there is a film on the front glass AND the back glass.

boxer2

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Welcome and enjoy your new device! Yes you need a new sim card. The old one will work but newer gen cards are better. There is a film over the phone but I peeled mine off. I don't use screen protectors and hasn't been an issue for me.

Good luck

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have not yet put my SIM in because I am not sure if I should use my old one from my Samsung device which is some 3 years old or by a new one. I use orange (EE) PAYG.

Advice appreciated.

PS, is there a film over a new nexus 4 screen? I don't want to pick at it if not!
It uses a micro-SIM...as long as your previous one was the same formfactor, you should be able to use it. If it is the old larger version, you will probably need to get a new SIM made.

Yes, you can take the film off. The display is gorilla glass (a special type of glass made for phones)...it is hard to scratch. Even normal glass is hard to scratch, and this stuff is more scratch proof than normal glass. Sand, rocks and harder metals can scratch it though. If you are going to use a screen protector I would still use a "real" one, and not the film that comes with the phone.

uumeshh

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
^^ frankly the screen guard that came with the device is of great quality. Its still on my phone since 3 months and shows no sign of peeling off

Rodger Myles

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
OK, thanks all. I will get a new SIM as I want to give my Granddaughter my old phone complete with that number (just need to think if that's wise!). A new number for me would be good to get rid of all those who know it who shouldn't. I will keep the film on for now.

I am trying to get used to the idea that having an iPAD, kindle Fire, and now Nexus 4 means I need to tie all those together somehow. Am thinking of using my gmail email account to do this.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to get used to the idea that having an iPAD, kindle Fire, and now Nexus 4 means I need to tie all those together somehow. Am thinking of using my gmail email account to do this.
That will probably work for your Kindle and Nexus, but not for your iPad. There are apps that can help. You can sync your iTunes library with apps like Doubletwist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon