Best way to use music as a ringtone on N4

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone could lead me in the right direction to do this. Right now I can only use the stock ringtones. Thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Plug ur N4 to your computer. Fin the "ringtones" folder, and drag the preffered file there. Unplug device. Go to setting, sound, ringtones, and select the file you've wanted.

Posted from my Nexus 4

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an app called Player Pro that I use to play music and podcasts. One of the menu items on it is to use a song as a ringtone. Import a song to the phone ( I use Tunesync to go from iTunes to the phone) and then just bring up the song and set it to ringtone. Takes about 2 minutes to do the entire process.

Last edited:

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I used an app called RingDroid back when I had the OG Evo, and have just been porting them over since then. It's free and allows you to snip out whatever section of the song you want. Think I used Dropbox to get them on my Nexus 4.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I saw that there are apps to make your own ringtone from your mp3s. However, I also saw plenty of freebie downloads of songs already done. I wanted one that I could hear and would not be confused with other phones so that I would know mine was ringing. I chose the patriotic category and am using the Washington Post March. I'm pretty sure I'll have a unique ringtone for the duration :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781