Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there anyone with a Nexus 4 without any imperfections on the chrome bezel?

Just wondering since I haven't seen one yet.

Default Re: Is there anyone with a Nexus 4 without any imperfections on the chrome bezel?

What kind if imperfections are you talking about? I haven't seen anything noticeable on mine. It seems perfect to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Is there anyone with a Nexus 4 without any imperfections on the chrome bezel?

No problem with mine either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

There is a bit of an accumulation of the chrome it seems on the left side near the top of the volume rocker. You can see it when you hold it with the screen facing towards you and more easily with good lighting.

I still don't see anything.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom v5.1

Mine is flawless

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    andr0idralphie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NavadeHi View Post
    There is a bit of an accumulation of the chrome it seems on the left side near the top of the volume rocker. You can see it when you hold it with the screen facing towards you and more easily with good lighting.
    I have the exact same thing! I thought I'd caused it, but it's on the same spot. It looks more like very tiny bubbles.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom v5.1

There are multiple hardware iterations of the nexus 4, which I assume have systematically fixed problems like the speakers, nibs on the back, chrome imperfections, etc. Having bought mine just a few weeks ago I haven't experienced any of these problems with my Nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yeah, I feel kinda bad about it since I bought mine about a week ago and it's got this imperfection. I got it replaced, but I guess the whole batch has it.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

If you bought from Google Play they have a pretty easy return policy so long as you are within 14 days of delivery. There is a 15 percent restock fee.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Unfortunately I live in the Netherlands and bought it from a local retailer called Coolblue. They were already reluctant about the first return...

Just some words of wisdom. If you are one of those people that have an issue with imperfections on your devices (I'm not judging because I am one of them) then you shouldn't scour your device for dings and scratches. It will only drive you nuts. The old adage if you look for it you will surely find it applies here. Just out a case in it when you get it and don't look at it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    Just some words of wisdom. If you are one of those people that have an issue with imperfections on your devices (I'm not judging because I am one of them) then you shouldn't scour your device for dings and scratches. It will only drive you nuts. The old adage if you look for it you will surely find it applies here. Just out a case in it when you get it and don't look at it too much.

Owning an electron microscope make it even worse.

I never looked at the bezel close enough to notice and I really didn't care. It's a phone, it will get some scratches with normal usage.
    Thanked by:
    J T M 
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Yeah, you are right. But I don't like buying a scratched phone for the price of a mint one.
    J T M likes this.

Perfect, cannot agree more with the posts above. Damage will always occur unless you build your phone out of sand.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Yes, but this is factory damage.

Just wondering since I haven't seen one yet.
    I don't know because I can't be bothered to spare the energy to take it out of its case to check.
    Captainbob767 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

And what rev do the people with a perfect Nexus 4 have?

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

And what rev do the people with a perfect Nexus 4 have?
    Nothing wrong with mine, which is from the second ordering round back in November.

Yeah, you are right. But I don't like buying a scratched phone for the price of a mint one.
    Take it back to the store and make sure you inspect the replacement before you leave the store.

You will forget about the imperfection after you crack the glass.
    J T M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pjc123 View Post
    LOL That's funny, and true....
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    Take it back to the store and make sure you inspect the replacement before you leave the store.
    The whole batch the store got has it. And I don't think I could get it replaced again since they said they can't be sure I didn't cause it myself. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me since it's more like extra chrome and not damage which I could have caused.

Quote Originally Posted by pjc123 View Post
    No doubt. But I hope I won't crack it.

Oh dear GOD!!!

You made me look with a magnifier and now I see it!!!

One tiny little nodule of chrome on the bezel, right there - where I never suspected such leprous blights!!!

I shall travel to the ocean and throw my phone in... It is utterly ruined forever more... They do have meds for your OCD, you know... *sob*
    Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 Amber
    LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Pre-release Ubuntu-System Beta
    Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
    J T M likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast