Wi-fi signal Disables Mobile Data Connection

jeffepops

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Whenever my N4 (stock and unrooted) discovers a WiFi network my mobile signal indicator turns from blue to gray and I lose my data connection. I can still make an receive calls, but nothing more. This happens with all types of WiFi, open,WPA, etc. Any thoughts about how to prevent this? For now, I'm just turning WiFi off when I'm out and about. Thanks.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
This is intentional to prevent you from being connected to both WiFi and data since WiFi is typically faster and uses less battery (and doesn't have data limits). Why would you want to be connected to both?

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
This is intentional to prevent you from being connected to both WiFi and data since WiFi is typically faster and uses less battery (and doesn't have data limits). Why would you want to be connected to both?
spit balling but WiFi timeouts maybe?

jeffepops

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Diknak -- I don't. But if I'm walking past someone's house or a store that has wifi, I don't see why my mobile data is cut off, when I'm not even logged on to a WPA wireless signal.. And, oddly enough, when I do connect with wifi at home or work, the blue mobile data signal comes back on.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173