Cracked Nexus 4 screen, can't turn it off!

theBeachB0Y

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't turn off my Nexus 4 with the screen broken. the alarm goes off every morning which is unpleasant.

Is there a way to shut it down other than acknowledging to power off on the touch screen?

Of course I can let the battery drain, but by not using it, it might take a week.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't you just hold the power button until the screen shuts off? It might take a few seconds, but should power off the phone. Otherwise, if you can still use the screen while cracked you can load a youtube video and let it run itself out.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I think holding power+volume down for a few seconds acts as a battery pull.

Vol down + power is how you get to fastboot/recovery (with device powered off). Just hold the power down for at least 10 seconds for a hard reset (same as battery pull).

leductrieu

May 4, 2015
Visit site
reset's screen keep going, doesn't came in main screen .I tried to reset by hard button but that thing still do .( sorry for my english) who can help me ? what do i have to do ,in the moment?
My phone is Lg nexus 4 .

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Welcome to Android Central and the Nexus 4 forum.

I'm very sorry, but I don't understand what your problem is. What is it that you are trying to do? Are you trying to do a Factory Reset?

If you prefer, state your problem in your own language. Google Translate will then help us. :)

Posted via the Android Central App