Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sharing Music All Access

I signed up for the Google Music All Access shortly after it came out. To keep from having to pay for two subscriptions, on my wife's N7 I logged-in to her Google Music app. Everything is normal, but she now has access to my other Google services. None of them really concern me much except for Gmail. I don't have anything to hide, but if I did, she would know it because when I get a new email, she also receives it on her tablet. Is there anyway around this? Or if we share one service, we share all? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Sharing Music All Access

My Google account is logged in on my wife's phone and tablet as well so that we can share apps, calendars, and Play Music. On her devices, you can go into Settings, Accounts, Google, tap on your Google account, and then uncheck any services she doesn't need access to, such as Gmail. That will prevent Gmail from pushing notifications for your Gmail to her phone, but if she opens up the Gmail app and goes to your account and manually refreshes, she would still have access. So it's not really a perfect solution if you have something to hide or if your wife gets suspicious, but it works for us.

ROM
    CM10

Just an idea...

You can set up your Gmail filters to forward all incoming email to another account and automatically immediately delete them.

This way, you can read all your email just fine by logging in to your alternative account. And your wife will always just see an empty inbox of your primary account.
    The only issue is it would be weird when you reply to people using your alternative account. You can set to send "on behalf of" your primary account but it'll still be weird.

Anyway, easiest way is probably to not put yourself in a position to have anything to hide from your spouse =)

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Simple. Go to settings, accounts, sync, and turn off GMail sync for your account on your wife's tablet.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    Simple. Go to settings, accounts, sync, and turn off GMail sync for your account on your wife's tablet.
    Nope, not that simple as already alluded to by jaredsutter. Try it yourself. Youll find that you can still manually refresh your inbox.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have unchecked all services except Music. Like I said, I have nothing negative to hide, but her 30th birthday is coming up and its hard to plan a surprise when she can see my emails. I will just have to make do.

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahar View Post
    Nope, not that simple as already alluded to by jaredsutter. Try it yourself. Youll find that you can still manually refresh your inbox.
    There's no way to completely hide it when your account is established on a device. But the op mentioned that his wife would be able to see a notification when new mail arrives. I provided a solution for that.

Posted via Android Central App