Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By BOSSY TEXAS CHICK
  • 1 Post By yfan
  • 1 Post By dkhmwilliams
  • 2 Post By BOSSY TEXAS CHICK
  • 2 Post By ddot196
  • 2 Post By mcs
  • 1 Post By dkhmwilliams
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Yeah, Okay, So I Am A Little Late To The Nexus 4 Party....BUT

once i got that "white" invitation, who could resist? lol

Yeah so i had finally given up on the White Nexus ever coming out, also i couldn't have a phone that just had 8 or even only 16GB internal mem and "that's all she wrote" so i gave up on it and got my LG Optimus G Pro (which i am head over heels in love with even 6 weeks later : )

So after going back & forth on the "why's i should get the N4 and why i shouldn't, the WHY I SHOULDS finally won and am i glad they did! This phone is absolutely beautiful, fast, cheap & awesome : )

For $299.00 bucks - got the 8GB version (w/ free bumper, (yeah 8GB may sound like nothing, but for my 2nd phone, its plenty... With all my aps AND adw installed, i still got 5.21GB left!

IF this thing just sat on the "phone bench" every inning just HOPING the coach would put it in the game,it'd be worth it, just for the fact alone if you ever break/lose your daily driver, just being able to quickly pick this "amazing piece of technology" up outta the box its sitting in your closet and be on your way without a "hiccup" is worth it for THAT scenerio alone. At least, that's why i got it....However, ONCE i opened the box and started using it, i was like, omg, i loved this so much i just might have to order a second one, kinda a "backup for my backup"....lol

Yah, some might be like, in 6 mos it'll be outdated but to me, its so well spec'ed and also, don't even get me started on "how much nicer i personally find the build quality than just about any phone out there (and that's including the lovely "HTC One" : ) , to me, this phone has AT LEAST another year life in it, and as a "backup phone" at least another 3 years, (if i don't drop it because of course, i am living on the edge and letting it run around town "naked without a stitch of clothes on, not even its bumper"...lol

i used to be a Sammy Girl but omg LG has stepped up their game so much this past year, i had to defect from Samsung and jump on the LG Rocket Ship....This phone fits so perfect in the hand, i just am not believin' me, BTC, who swore she would NEVER touch a "boring, vanilla Android phone if you put a gun to her head" is singing an entirely different tune...i think anyone would if they spent 5 minutes with it: Not bound to a carrier, beautiful build, high end specs, infinity glass, ::::lightening fast::::only $299.00, what a "no brainer" : )

(and that's a lil nexus Orb in the background, since i already have the LG OG Pro and it wireless charges also, i felt now with having the Nexus 4 also, i HAD to get that too, & it works really well with BOTH phones : )

BTC
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 06-25-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Lost In LG Optimus G Pro Heaven, Lvg A Msg, Maybe I'll Call...(doubt it ) lol
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Default Re: Yeah, Okay, So I Am Alittle Late To The Nexus 4 Party....BUT

Well, congratulations on your white Nexus!

That's awesome. I'm glad you got the phone that you wanted. I love my Nexus too. There is nothing as smooth as vanilla Android. I wouldn't say that you are a little late to the party, more like fashionably late.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

Party's still going strong, welcome. Also, do not fear the naked Nexus. I've been running naked since I got the phone in early December, and it's in fantastic condition. Not saying you shouldn't be careful, but as long as you're aware of where it's sitting and how it's stuffed in your pocket, you should be good outside of acts of God. So love it, touch it, enjoy it.

You can also put a bumper on it. Still looks good but offers some protection.

sent from my Nexus 4; so fresh and so clean

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSY TEXAS CHICK View Post
    once i got that "white" invitation, who could resist? lol

Yeah so i had finally given up on the White Nexus ever coming out, also i couldn't have a phone that just had 8 or even only 16GB internal mem and "that's all she wrote" so i gave up on it and got my LG Optimus G Pro (which i am head over heels in love with even 6 weeks later : )

So after going back & forth on the "why's i should get the N4 and why i shouldn't, the WHY I SHOULDS finally won and am i glad they did! This phone is absolutely beautiful, fast, cheap & awesome : )

For $299.00 bucks - got the 8GB version (w/ free bumper, (yeah 8GB may sound like nothing, but for my 2nd phone, its plenty... With all my aps AND adw installed, i still got 5.21GB left!

IF this thing just sat on the "phone bench" every inning just HOPING the coach would put it in the game,it'd be worth it, just for the fact alone if you ever break/lose your daily driver, just being able to quickly pick this "amazing piece of technology" up outta the box its sitting in your closet and be on your way without a "hiccup" is worth it for THAT scenerio alone. At least, that's why i got it....However, ONCE i opened the box and started using it, i was like, omg, i loved this so much i just might have to order a second one, kinda a "backup for my backup"....lol

Yah, some might be like, in 6 mos it'll be outdated but to me, its so well spec'ed and also, don't even get me started on "how much nicer i personally find the build quality than just about any phone out there (and that's including the lovely "HTC One" : ) , to me, this phone has AT LEAST another year life in it, and as a "backup phone" at least another 3 years, (if i don't drop it because of course, i am living on the edge and letting it run around town "naked without a stitch of clothes on, not even its bumper"...lol

i used to be a Sammy Girl but omg LG has stepped up their game so much this past year, i had to defect from Samsung and jump on the LG Rocket Ship....This phone fits so perfect in the hand, i just am not believin' me, BTC, who swore she would NEVER touch a "boring, vanilla Android phone if you put a gun to her head" is singing an entirely different tune...i think anyone would if they spent 5 minutes with it: Not bound to a carrier, beautiful build, high end specs, infinity glass, ::::lightening fast::::only $299.00, what a "no brainer" : )

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...ps36958b82.jpg

(and that's a lil nexus Orb in the background, since i already have the LG OG Pro and it wireless charges also, i felt now with having the Nexus 4 also, i HAD to get that too, & it works really well with BOTH phones : )

BTC
    Man,I've silently read some of your posts,and you switch phones. A lot.

Posted via Android Central App

Really like the white Nexus 4. Looks good.

Sent from my HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    Really like the white Nexus 4. Looks good.

Sent from my HTC One
    I wish that the white Nexus was all white though.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Man,I've silently read some of your posts,and you switch phones. A lot.

yup, thats me, The Goldilocks Of Android... My other screenie...lol. But i think for AT LEAST the next year or so i have finally found a winning combination: my LG Optimus G Pro for when i want the MOST "unpure Android Experience out there" and then my Nexus 4 for when i don't. Truthfully, there isn't even anything "on the horizon" i'm looking forward to, LG has nailed it with these two devices!

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I wish that the white Nexus was all white though.

i don't think in this particular case the "white bezel would have looked good. If you look at how the white bumper looks (that gives it a white bezel" i think it looks kinda cheesey....) I was reading that the Nexus was designed in particular to have an all black face and that the bezel was designed so that the appearance would be an "infinity" look with the bezel being "indistinguishable" from the glass... If you look at some droids out there, instead of the glass looking "black" against the black bezel, they sometimes have an amber or brownish hue when turned off, this does not have that, its "black ice"... Looks really sleek against the white sides and rear (in my opinion : )

BTC
    Last edited by BOSSY TEXAS CHICK; 06-23-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    Lost In LG Optimus G Pro Heaven, Lvg A Msg, Maybe I'll Call...(doubt it ) lol
    Kamin and jdbii like this.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Congrats. I too just got mine in the mail the other day, black color though. I agree this phone is stunning. And the build quality is so sexy. Just the back cover is amazing in itself. And vanilla android is hands down the only way I'll go anymore. I refuse to buy a carrier branded phone after this experience. The whole ui is just so much smoother. I've got my free bumper case on it which still allows me to see that sexy body heh. For 350, well worth every penny.

pontiac005 and jdbii like this.
    mcs

Another newbie here, though I decided to stick with the black phone. I just received mine a week ago and ported my number over on Friday. I'm very happy with it so far! I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Pro (whew), which was getting buggier and buggier, and I never really managed to update it to Jelly Bean. The Nexus 4 is smooth like buttah, software-wise and hardware-wise.
    Is this the line for apps?
    pontiac005 and jdbii like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Another newbie here, though I decided to stick with the black phone. I just received mine a week ago and ported my number over on Friday. I'm very happy with it so far! I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Pro (whew), which was getting buggier and buggier, and I never really managed to update it to Jelly Bean. The Nexus 4 is smooth like buttah, software-wise and hardware-wise.
    Congratulations on the new device. I have had my Nexus for a little over three weeks. I am really enjoying it. I thought that the iPhone 5 was a sexy device. I have a red poetic bumper on mine and it looks so great with the back exposed. I think that it may have the iPhone 5 beaten. As far as performance, the phone is really smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    jdbii likes this.