Receving group MMS's from friends that start with annoying <Subject: New Message>

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was on Verizon with a Droid Bionic and was using the stock SMS app to send/receive group SMS/MMS's. Everything worked great.
Then just Friday I ported to Straight Talk on my N4 and all is good. Except when I receive a group message (MMS) from a friend with another Android phone and all his texts start with an annoying "<Subject: New Message> - Hi, how's it going?"

If my friend just texts me alone, I don't have this pre-pended "Subject" thing, but if he sends to me and someone else, I get this.

I was using the stock message app and then I downloaded GO SMS and thought it might go away, but get it with either messaging app. I read someone on the net that if you go back to your stock message app and un-check the box for 'Auto Retrieve' MMS messages, this would fix it, but no luck.

Any help/thoughts??? Thanks!

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I ended up downloading new app called Textra, and works perfectly.. Group MMS, regular SMS and now I don't get that annoying prefix of <Subject: New Message>.
A nice and "light" texting app. No real customization, but does what it's supposed to.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea I was gonna say it probably has something to do with how your newly acquired straightalk network handles certain processes that was messing things up.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome