Trade up a Galaxy Nexus for a Nexus 4?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The battery is built into the case... Charge the case > Insert Phone > Go, Man, Go.

It adds double the capacity for a total of 6600.

Still waiting on picks to see how much bulk is added to the N4. I'm checking daily on Mugen, Google Images and You Tube.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The battery is built into the case... Charge the case > Insert Phone > Go, Man, Go.

It adds double the capacity for a total of 6600.

Still waiting on picks to see how much bulk is added to the N4. I'm checking daily on Mugen, Google Images and You Tube.
Where is the case? The picture shown is a naked N4...this implies that it replaces (does not add to) the existing battery.

Are there any images of the actual product anywhere?

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
At what point do we all say, "ok the phones are fast enough, data speeds are fast enough, we don't need so much speed and specs." It's a personal device. It's not meant to teleport you somewhere else of edit HD video for television. NASA didn't keep trying to build a faster space shuttle, Hell they just scrapped the program because it was too expensive. When will we scrap our phones because they are too expensive.

With that said, if you can't afford it don't get it. Wait until you have the money and buy what YOU want and/or need.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd say wait until the Nexus 5 release. It seems like while you want to move on, you're pretty happy with the GNex for the time being and that you wouldn't mind waiting a few months.

Also, because of the price, remember that chances are T-Mobile will be less expensive than your current Sprint plan, making up for the $350. Also, when the N5 comes out, you don't have to buy it. You can go on Ebay or Amazon and buy an N4 for significantly lower than the retail price and what they're selling for now on Ebay and Amazon.

Just my $0.019-$0.021

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you don't need a phone right now, I'd hold out. to see the Moto X and the Nexus 5. While they're being released in October and November, respectively, the images and details about internals, etc. will likely be available in the next 2-3 months. If neither of those do it for you, the Nexus 4 will still be there.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
At what point do we all say, "ok the phones are fast enough, data speeds are fast enough, we don't need so much speed and specs."
When I am no longer waiting for the phone to catch up with me. At that point, CPU and data speeds will be fast enough. It is fast enough when I can do as many things on it as I feel like doing with zero loss of performance.

If I can think faster than the computer, it means the computer is not fast enough.

It's a personal device. It's not meant to teleport you somewhere else of edit HD video for television.
Why not? Who decided that?

It's a tool, like a hammer or a car. It is there to make my life more convenient. That is it's purpose, just like all tools.

NASA didn't keep trying to build a faster space shuttle
...only because it was cost prohibitive. Do you think NASA would be satisfied with the current shuttle speed if they had the ability and funds to improve it? They would be building a better shuttle. Expense is the only reason they didn't. Not because they thought "Oh this is plenty fast".

Too much is not enough. Nor should it be.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Where is the case? The picture shown is a naked N4...this implies that it replaces (does not add to) the existing battery.

Are there any images of the actual product anywhere?

First Pic is up on the Mugen site now...

nexus4_front.jpg

And, for what it is worth, I've used Mugen products before. Great customer service and quality they stand behind with a solid guarantee.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I currently have a Galaxy Nexus and have had it for about a year. It's been great up to now, and honestly, it's been the best all around smart phone I've ever had. The software has been a big part of that. Having all the features of Android as a Google experience has been great, and the timely updates have been pretty good (though I am on Sprint, they've actually done a great job of getting the updates out within about 2 months, which in comparison to HTC and Samsung phones that is GREAT). I've gotten spoiled and I don't think I can ever do a non Nexus phone again.

That being said, it is getting long in the tooth and showing it's age. I've been considering getting a Nexus 4, but can't really afford to put down $350 right now (although that IS a great price for the device). I saw that T-Mobile has the Nexus 4 at $0 and $17 per month for a total cost of $408, which isn't bad. Their service in my area is better than Sprint so I wouldn't mind switching carriers. But is it even worth it at this point? It's been out for the better part of a year, and the next generation is expected within the next four months. I could just hold out and wait, especially since the next one will likely have a better camera.

Just looking for some suggestions I suppose. Any comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

The nexus 4 has only been out since November.

Posted via Android Central App

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Would you really carry that around? :confused:

For certain uses, yes. Like an extended roadtrip with the N4 mounted in the car for Navigation /information/entertainment, camping trips away from an outlet... This accessory has its place.

...My main concerns would be price ($90? Yikes) and heat issues...

Yeah... It is kind of steep. Compare to other products with similar capacity though. Mugen does run specials from time to time (usually around major holidays) and if you are on their mailing list you get sent notices of same. If one comes my way, I will of course post it in the http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...extended-battery-case-released-nexus-4-a.html thread.

I'm still waiting for some reviews to hit. I'm sure they'll address overheat...

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Having all the features of Android as a Google experience has been great, and the timely updates have been pretty good (though I am on Sprint, they've actually done a great job of getting the updates out within about 2 months, which in comparison to HTC and Samsung phones that is GREAT). I've gotten spoiled and I don't think I can ever do a non Nexus phone again.

We can certainly help. Which Sprint plan are you on and how much data do you use per month?

If you are on the $80/month Sprint plan, you are paying approximately $960/year. If you don't use more than 5 GB of data per month, you can switch to one of T-Mobile's prepaid plans. It's $30/month, so you'll pay $360/year. You'll save $600/year versus Sprint, and that savings should cover the cost of the $350 Nexus 4. You can then apply the rest of your savings towards the cost of a Nexus 5 whenever that comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis