• 1 Post By mdandashly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Steelie magnet mount?

Wondering if anyone has ever used a magnetic mount as this. I really like the small simple design of it.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Steelie magnet mount?

Wow, the design looks great...except theres nothing for the mount to stick onto with the nexus 4. Maybe if you had a case, like the rearth rinke slim and stuck a metal washer or something to it, then that mount would have something to stick to.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I didn't know if there was enough metal inside to let the magnet grab it. Damn

Posted via Android Central App

Those look really cool! Have not seen anyone with one before but would certainly be worth a look esp for a car mount for your phone. Since I don't have a tablet I can't see any use for the others but they could be very handy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

The ones they sell on amazon include a very thin metal disk you slide into a case to provide the metal. I'd live to do this on my N4, but I go naked. Also, I imagine a magnet could cause interference with the screen/storage/gps. Anyone have any ideas, bc I hate my current car mount. Big and clunky.

I take my above comment back. Looks like it comes with a magnet you permanently attach to your phone. I'm interested, but afraid it will add bulk.

Looks quite awesome... Maybe so you don't mar the looks of the N4 or your favored case - attach the mount ring to this:

That would be an outstanding travel package to mount and power the N4 for those long trips...
    Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 Amber
    LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Pre-release Ubuntu-System Beta
    Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2

Ordered. Arrives wednesday. 10 bucks cheaper on Amazon. I will attach the magnet to a silicone case. My phone usually goes naked but will use the case when in the car and need to navigate, etc. Will keep updated.
    Thanked by:
    ConTejas likes this.

Reporting back. Works great, I love it. I attached the magnet to a silicone case and just slip that on my phone when I need to in the car. The mount is small and attractive. The magnet is about the size of a nickel and can be stuck right onto the phone as well.
    Thanked by:
    RumoredNow likes this.

So after a few days of using it, the only complaint I have is that if you use a heavy USB cable, it can kind of drag the phone. Easy fix for me was to use a retractible USB and toss the roll-up thing over the phone. Hard to explain, but its super easy and not an inconvenience at all. Mounting directly to the phone is a good option if you use the mount a lot, but for my use (occasional), mounting it to a case is the best option.

But overall, highly recommend. And it looks clean as shmexy.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mdandashly View Post
    So after a few days of using it, the only complaint I have is that if you use a heavy USB cable, it can kind of drag the phone. Easy fix for me was to use a retractible USB and toss the roll-up thing over the phone. Hard to explain, but its super easy and not an inconvenience at all. Mounting directly to the phone is a good option if you use the mount a lot, but for my use (occasional), mounting it to a case is the best option.

But overall, highly recommend. And it looks clean as shmexy.
    Nice observation about the charging cable... You're making me want to pull the trigger.

How secure is that ball mounted???
    Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 Amber
    LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Pre-release Ubuntu-System Beta
    Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2

Very secure. For only 25 bucks, i'd def buy it and mount it to a case.