Three Weeks on Net10 ATT

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm signed on to Google Play streaming service for the $8. Signed onto it the day they started the new service. I really like it. I already used their cloud service with all my music there and not on my phone or my N7. So yes I steam music, but most if my listening time is at home when I'm on WiFi. Again my less need for LTE speed or a lot of GB data service. So what I saved on my phone service getting off of Verizon and going to NET10 made it affordable for me to use something like Google Play.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I see. I will definitely look more into it!

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

Simba_P

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you sooooo much for the AT&T tip. I didn't realise that they had changed their plans. I too have been a 90% happy customer with Net10, but that final 10% is down to MMS - I have a Lumia 920 and try as I might, I can't get their settings to work. The best I have been able to do is send MMSs but cannot receive them. I have scoured forums endlessly for a solution, and as you can probably imagine Net10 customer service/tech support is a non-starter. I'll be moving to the $60 AT&T plan because the peace of mind not having to deal with that (and the LTE and the extra 0.5GB) is worth that extra $10-15.

I'm 2 weeks in, but won't be renewing. Terrible way to do business for Net10 if you lose customers for something as simple as this.

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I am also a big fan of Net10. I finally got my MMS working using the Tweakker App.https://tinyurl.com/kwclnco

Speeds are 2-6down and 1-2 up although I've seen 4 up before. Fast enough for anything I do.

I also use Chrome Beta that has compression for web pages that saves almost 50% when surfing. Helps manage usage. I use WiFi when I can and keep usage below 1G/month. Coming from Straight Talk, I kept being throttled. Hasn't happened with Net10. Going on 3 months now.

tltlfla

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I got rid of Net10 on AT&T finally today. If you can get AIO I recommend going with them. Acutally, I HIGHLY recommend against Net10. I thought I did my research but the internet connection on Net 10 has been awful since I started with them. They are having problems with the APN and if you go to their forums right now you will see dozens if not hundreds of people complaining. I just simply gave up, it was so unreliable. I live in a strong coverage area for AT&T and it is not network congestion it is something wrong with NET10. I got my AIO Sim and everything has been 10 times better. I should've done AIO to begin with. Plus stupid Net10 keeps removing my autorenew feature and SPAMs you all of the time. Garbage!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I know this thread is almost dead, but thought I would point out that Net10 lifted their data cap:
NET10 - FAQ

And I would add that this is the Nexus 4 forum, so any talk about AIOWireless doing LTE is moot (because the Nexus 4 doesn't do LTE).

From their website Data Speeds :

Though data speeds vary due to several factors, including those beyond Aio's control, our 4G LTE service currently offers download speeds up to 8 Mbps and our 4G HSPA+ service currently offers download speeds up to a maximum of 4 Mbps. On our 3G HSPA/UMTS service, typical download speeds range from approximately 700 Kbps up to 1.7 Mbps. Aio does not offer mobile broadband Internet access service in different speed tiers and your data speeds depend on the available serving technology as well as the capabilities of your device.

I just recently switched my N4 from T-Mobile to AIOWireless; on a good day I am lucky to get around 3,400 down and 500 up. I am not happy about this as a matter of principle, but as a practical matter it's acceptable as my cellular data usage is typically less than 500MB per month. I switched from TMo because my in-building signal strength was virtually non-existent. With Wi-Fi at home and throughout my place of work, I can live with the low cellular data rates.

inittowinit

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm am a satisfied customer of ATT on Net10 as well. It's been 3 months and the coverage was my main issue with Tmobile and the $30 plan.

Has anyone confirmed that the data cap for ATT Net10 of 1.5gb was actually lifted. Their terms and conditions haven't changed at all and still mention the cap. Also the CS says the cap still exist for what it's worth (I know the CS is terrible with Net10). But let's face it, the reason you get the Nexus 4 is for flexibility and cheap phone plans.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I just cancelled my service with T-Mobile yesterday because I could not get a signal inside the building that I work in. Now, I have had all of the major carriers and they all had very strong signals. The last carrier that I had a contract with was Sprint. Sprint had a strong signal just slow data speeds. I have come to the conclusion that T-Mobile is just horrible.
T

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I just cancelled my service with T-Mobile yesterday because I could not get a signal inside the building that I work in. Now, I have had all of the major carriers and they all had very strong signals. The last carrier that I had a contract with was Sprint. Sprint had a strong signal just slow data speeds. I have come to the conclusion that T-Mobile is just horrible.
T

I'm with you, t-mobile IS horrible with signal reliability

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae