Three Weeks on Net10 ATT

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been using cell phones since 1994 and I have never been more satisfied with the actual service than I am now.
Customer Service Reps are not the best but for $85 a month for two phones, it can not be beat. I am one happy camper :D

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes it can, T-Mobile $30 a month plan x 2 at $60 a month.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

False...he can actually talk on his phone (not limited to 100 minutes) and he's using the broader coverage of AT&T which is way better than T-Mobile. It's cool you like your plan. But let's not pretend it's the best out there. I got on it just to test out T-Mobile and I ran through the 100 minutes in the first 3 days of the month like most people would. Net10 gives unlimited talk and text. Most people still use their cell phones to talk and not type everything. The $30/month T-Mobile plan is a niche plan.

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
False...he can actually talk on his phone (not limited to 100 minutes) and he's using the broader coverage of AT&T which is way better than T-Mobile. It's cool you like your plan. But let's not pretend it's the best out there. I got on it just to test out T-Mobile and I ran through the 100 minutes in the first 3 days of the month like most people would. Net10 gives unlimited talk and text. Most people still use their cell phones to talk and not type everything. The $30/month T-Mobile plan is a niche plan.

Absolutely correct, in addition in an awful lot of buildings here in NYC the T-M signal just does not penetrate well enough or at all to be useful to even make a phone call.
I know this from the 4 months I was on T-M.

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Happy Net10 ATT customer here. Came from big red gave up unlimited data. Only have 1.5gb hard capped with Net10 ATT but if you use WiFi smart 1.5gb is manageable. Net10 customer service is ok. There technical support is a whole other story.

Tried Tmo but like already said I use my phone to make calls. Unlimited voice is a must have. 100 minuets is not enough. Tried the VoIP thing but just to much to manage. I just want to dial the phone not worry if my VoIP is on or I have a good data connection.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good. I was not familiar with Net 10 and no info was posted in the original post. Also I was referring to the other $30 plan which included 1500 minutes talk time.

Bob Coxner

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Add one more happy Net10 AT&T Nexus 4 customer. I tried TMo but I got zero coverage in my house and not much better elsewhere.

Being able to buy cheap refill cards on eBay makes it even better.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You can throw me on the list too for Net10 satisfied customers. My experience is very similar to those mentioned above. More than anything else it comes down to needing coverage indoors. @pontiac005's mention of Tmo $30 plan is a great if you don't need data and you are satisfied with Tmo's coverage.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I also have had very good service with Net10 on AT&T. I actually use this line as my 2nd phone which I mainly use for keeping up with other OS's. I normally switch it between a WP8 device (currently a Lumia 521, but had a Lumia 920) and an iPhone 5. I have T-Mobile's $30 plan in my Nexus 4, which is my primary phone. Due to coverage where I live and the 100 minutes on T-Mobile, I'm tempted to switch my main line to Net10, but the data is holding me back. I do some video streaming, and most months 1.5 GBs wouldn't be enough, not to mention Net10's view towards streaming.

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
In planning on switching (currently on ATT, but am SIM unlocked), and I have to device between Net10, and AIO Wireless.

How is the service on Net10? 4G? Good affordable plans?

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm into my 3rd month on NET10 using ATT an am very satisfied thus far with my service. For $50/month you can't beat it. I tried TMo on Solevei but found TMo sucked in my area. If you use WiFi were ever you can like I do the 1.5 gig data limit is no issue. I normally use less than 3/4 gig. I debated a long time on giving up the great service coverage of Big Red but there's no looking back for me being on a Nexus phone on a prepaid service month to month with no contact locking me up for 2 years!

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I don't know for certain, but I don't think that AT&T Net10 has 4G LTE speeds. They operate on AT&T's hspa+21 network. My speeds on AT&T Net10 seem to average 4-5 mbps.

I don't know about AIO. AIO's original announcement was that they would limit speeds to 4 mbps, but I think I just read within the last week that they are going to carry an LTE phone so it would seem will have 4G LTE.

AT&T Go Phone prepaid does allow 4G LTE. You might check them out. I think it's $60 for unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
In planning on switching (currently on ATT, but am SIM unlocked), and I have to device between Net10, and AIO Wireless.

You should consider AT&T's new plans with GoPhone.

GoPhone:

$60/month
2GB LTE data
unlimited talk
unlimited text

Net10:

$50/month
unlimited data but throttled after 1.5GB HSPA+, Net10 also frowns on streaming and using more than 100MB/day from what I understand
unlimited talk
unlimited text

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

GoPhone:

$60/month
2GB LTE data
unlimited talk
unlimited text

Net10:

$50/month
unlimited data but throttled after 1.5GB HSPA+, Net10 also frowns on streaming and using more than 100MB/day from what I understand
unlimited talk
unlimited text

One tiny plus for Net10 is that it is $45 if you set up autopay. But people have reported problems in this forum with Net10 with customer service, mms messaging, and data problems when travelling. I have yet to see a one problem posted for anybody on Go Phone prepaid, and I could imagine having brick and mortar stores available for customer service would be a great added benefit.

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
"You should consider AT&T's new plans with GoPhone......."

I looked on the At&T site about the plan, but it doesn't seem like they sell a SIM card with it. Do I just buy any old ATT micro-SIM card, buy a cheap GOpPHONE just for the card, or what?

Thanks.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
"You should consider AT&T's new plans with GoPhone......."

I looked on the At&T site about the plan, but it doesn't seem like they sell a SIM card with it. Do I just buy any old ATT micro-SIM card, buy a cheap GOpPHONE just for the card, or what?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure you get them at an AT&T brick and mortar store. They might give them to a customer for free.

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So, I did further research, and on AIO it is 55 for unlimited talk web and text. I did see that they throttle at the 2.5 GB limit, but it's only down to regular 3G speeds (~256kbps). I will have to look further into Net10..

GoPhone looks like a premium candidate right now. Thank you all for the input!

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

GoPhone:

$60/month
2GB LTE data
unlimited talk
unlimited text

Net10:

$50/month
unlimited talk
unlimited text

It all comes down to what you use your service for and what you can get by with to say what you need to spend. For me I get by fine with the $50 service on NET10 and usually don't use half of my allotment of 1.5 GB and LTE is not important because I rarely stream music and video is just watching the occasional news clip or YouTube video on something. Now if you do more of that on line streaming where you don't have WiFi then that extra $10 a month to get the 2gig of LTE service might be worth it to you.

One service is better over another if you get your money worth out of it. I'd basically be waisting $10 extra a month paying for the new ATT GoPhone service. Others who stream data a lot more off WiFi than I do it would be worth the $10.

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have Wi-Fi at my house, and I am a college student, so my university has Wi-Fi as well. I just check Facebook, Twitter, and watch YouTube videos. I do stream a TON of my music, as I have almost all my music in the cloud, and I am subscribed to the Google Play streaming service (I mean c'mon.. 8 bucks a month for unlimited streaming?.. Can't pass it up.)

What do you think?

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have Wi-Fi at my house, and I am a college student, so my university has Wi-Fi as well. I just check Facebook, Twitter, and watch YouTube videos. I do stream a TON of my music, as I have almost all my music in the cloud, and I am subscribed to the Google Play streaming service (I mean c'mon.. 8 bucks a month for unlimited streaming?.. Can't pass it up.)

What do you think?

I'm signed on to Google Play streaming service for the $8. Signed onto it the day they started the new service. I really like it. I already used their cloud service with all my music there and not on my phone or my N7. So yes I steam music, but most if my listening time is at home when I'm on WiFi. Again my less need for LTE speed or a lot of GB data service. So what I saved on my phone service getting off of Verizon and going to NET10 made it affordable for me to use something like Google Play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781