Can't open APK files received as attachments

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a Google Nexus 4 .The first thing I noticed,was that I can't receive Apps(apk files) via Bluetooth(like I used to on my old phone with Android 2.3).And now I can't download apk attachments. Any suggested application s or settings to help me with this?

P.S. I downloaded the app "Download manager" to open and save attachments, but I still need to send apps via Bluetooth!

Last edited:

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Try uploading the .apk file ti google drive and download from there . thtas what i do for .apk files

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I downloaded the app "Download manager" to open and save attachments. Works well.But I still want to be able to receive apk via Bluetooth. That was an important future for me that I have no idea why is not available anymore

Last edited:

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I downloaded the app "Download manager" to open and save attachments. Works well.But I still want to be able to receive apk via Bluetooth. That was an important future for me that I have no idea why is not available anymore

Probably completely wrong, but maybe it is the same like when you get blocked when trying to load an app that isn't from the Play Store. -- Settings, then security, then click "Unknown sources - allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store." Maybe enabling that will unblock them from being loaded by bluetooth.

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Probably completely wrong, but maybe it is the same like when you get blocked when trying to load an app that isn't from the Play Store. -- Settings, then security, then click "Unknown sources - allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store." Maybe enabling that will unblock them from being loaded by bluetooth.
Unknown sources is already checked in the settings.I Thought Sending apps via Bluetooth is disabled On Jelly bean for security reasons! Is it available for others?