Can I buy a Nexus 4 from Google, and will att put it on my present (no contract) plan?

richg99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd ask at an ATT store, but on a Saturday, I'd wait a half hour to have someone probably tell me they didn't know.
Hoping someone has done this...

Can I buy a Nexus 4 from Google, and will att put it on my present (no contract) plan?

I own an ATT (out of contract) Samsung S (the first S of the series).

I am happy with my ATT service and would like to keep it. I am not happy with lack of updating..and..my phone is a couple of years old. So, I would like to buy a Nexus 4 directly from Google and substitute it for my Samsung S on my present plan. Can I do this? thanks Rich

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah.. Completely possible... I did the same thing... Bought a nexus 4... Stopped by att store.. Picked up a mini sim... Called the customer service... Activated the sim!

Nexus 4
Posted via Android Central App

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Redpocket which is an AT&T MVNO. All you have to do is pop your new sim card in it and it should be good. You're gonna have to get it cut down to a micro-sim size for it to fit though. Also, i think you're gonna have to call AT&T to change your plan be able to get HSPA+ data speeds, not 100% though.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Also don't forget to put the proper APN

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, the APN is very important. You can Google the APN settings to manually enter them on the phone. I've also tried Tweakker to put the APN for me. It's an app from the Play Store, and it seems to work quite well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke