Nexus 4 notification issues: Delayed when screen off
Often when my screen is off, I won't get notifications for messages, IMs, emails on my phone. As soon as I turn my screen back on, they all come through at once. This completely breaks any sort of "push" functionality and makes the phone useless for real time messaging.
Connection type makes no difference (WiFi or Data).
Keep WiFi on during sleep is set to Always.
WiFi optimisation is set to OFF (turning it on makes no difference)
Anyone facing similar issues? There were some related threads on XDA about WiFi driver bugs but none that applied to Mobile data as well. For me the phone just sort of actually sleeps when screen is off.
- 07-03-2013, 03:28 PM #2
- 08-08-2014, 10:29 PM #3
- 2 Posts
Re: Nexus 4 notification issues: Delayed when screen off
HI there, i have the same issue sort of, my phone does not notify me until i disable and enable the wifi on the phone, after this wifi restart the updates start poring in, and sometimes they also start when i unlock the screen...
I did not get any response to my post yet, it seems its a rare issue but i`m still looking for a solution.
- By Philip Adderley in forum HP TouchpadReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2013, 12:05 AM
- By cyclejim in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 07-16-2013, 01:56 PM
- By Burky in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2013, 04:58 PM
- By Surfing32 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2013, 01:11 AM
- By Surfing32 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-03-2013, 02:50 PM