Can't get Straight Talk MMS to work

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm testing out Straight Talk (AT&T) and it works great except for MMS!

I can't send or receive MMS messages. They just keep failing.

Here are the settings im using

1. APN Name: Straight Talk
2. APN: tfdata
3. Port: 80
4. MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
5. MMSProxy:mms3.tracfone.com
6. MMS Port: 80

These were given to me directly from straight talk.

I've scoured this site and other sites for other valid APN settings and none of them work for me at all. I get no data connectivity what so ever.

The APN provided me by ST is the only one that gives me data connectivity, others just give me gray bars with no 3G/H indications.

any Ideas?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
That's what I have on my N4 with ST AT&T and no MMS issues for me. I played around with a couple different APN settings, but these seemed to work the best for me??

I've been on ST AT&T for about 4 months now, but since they switched their APN settings about a month ago, my signal reception has gone to crap. Literally. I would get high data "bars" and connection and now it fluctuates up/down and even lose data signal for a minute or two. I end up putting the phone on Airplane mode and then take it off and then my signal "comes on" again for a bit.

On Friday, I am going to say good riddance to ST and port to either AT&T go prepaid or TMobile $30 prepaid.

Good luck! You'll need it :) Search the forum here and on XDA Developers, as you'll find tons of people unhappy/throttling them ridiculously on their Nexus.

specificsandwich

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Nexus S. Got it about a week ago and only just now got the data to work. These are the only settings that let me receive MMS. I pieced them together by blindly combining what Straight Talk has on their website with what some other users on this forum have said.

I used the settings here Support | Straight Talk

but substituted the following for the last three settings:
MMSC=http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy=mms2.tracfone.com
MMS Port=(none)

Good luck!

IvIountainman

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Apparently the 'SIMPLE' solution is just removing port assignments from Straight Talks suggested APN.
(android 4.0)
Name: (Does not matter)
APN: tfdata
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: Not set
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set (if you don't have another APN it doesn't matter, if you do insert 'default,supl,mms')
(following is on Android 4.X and above)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: Non

coraxe

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
The above setting kept mms.android.com from crashing but the mms still does not send or receive. Pretty annoying that ST can't provide a simple service as this...

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
For me, the problem was the google voice app on my phone. I only use it for voicemail, and nothing else. Once I uninstalled it from my phone, then my MMS message started working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol