Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By pontiac005
  • 3 Post By Chetan Takyar
  • 1 Post By TheLibertarian
  • 1 Post By DeadpoolJunior
  • 1 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default N4 battery. What do you make of this?

What do you make of this battery life/ time. I disconnected from power at 7:30am and its now 10:55pm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N4 battery. What do you make of this?-1372906483192.jpg   N4 battery. What do you make of this?-1372906491504.jpg  

Default Re: N4 battery. What do you make of this?

That's actually pretty good. Got you through the day at least. I get around the same amount with a custom kernel.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justmikey View Post
    What do you make of this battery life/ time. I disconnected from power at 7:30am and its now 10:55pm

That's pretty good. Better then mine by 20 mins

That's pretty good but more info is needed (ie. rooted or not, rom, kernel, etc).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Stock vanilla android. No roots, no kernels. Only running batteryguru but not convinced its helping as I get this close even without it running. Hoping 4.3 rumors are true about making battery more efficient.

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

How accurate do you guys find the "screen on time" is within the stock battery settings? Just got my Nexus 4 yesterday night . Hoping I can get at least 5 hours.

So far, the battery life seems pretty good to me.

I thinks it's pretty good. You can tweak stuff like turning down the screen brightness a bit, turning off GPS when not in use and also Wi-Fi to increase battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    justmikey likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Where are the controls for GPS? I think batteryguru is managing this on its own but want to check.

Not trying to flame, but 16 hrs total battery with 4 hour screen on time means you spend 25% of your day staring at your phone screen...

Where are the controls for GPS? I think batteryguru is managing this on its own but want to check.

Settings/location access

Banned

Global Posts
    3,683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdandashly View Post
    Not trying to flame, but 16 hrs total battery with 4 hour screen on time means you spend 25% of your day staring at your phone screen...
    Or he could be doing productive things such as replying to emails and texts. What a unnecessary remark.

Thanked by:

That's entirely reasonable. Without knowing your setup, I'd say that's right about just above average and you should be pleased with that performance.

Emails, texts, camera, web browsing, stocks, weather, news business... What is it to you how one uses their property? Smartphones are quite advanced these days, and there are plenty of times I grab my Nexus before my MacBook for quick information.
    Thanked by:
    justmikey likes this.

Stock vanilla android. No roots, no kernels. Only running batteryguru but not convinced its helping as I get this close even without it running. Hoping 4.3 rumors are true about making battery more efficient.

If you want better battery life than you are getting, don't use your phone for anything. What you are seeing is what most smart phones are like.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Thanks for the input. Actually I check email, send text messages, use Facebook and instagram, read books and my RSS feed as well as play some games and take pictures with a few phone calls here and there. And that's on a busy day.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captainbob767 View Post
    If you want better battery life than you are getting, don't use your phone for anything. What you are seeing is what most smart phones are like.
    Actually I got more time on my 3 year old iPhone 4 and that's without making any tweaks to settings (turning of WiFi, Bluetooth, dimming display completely, and shutting down apps and services all the time) so I guess it all depends on what smart phones you are talking about.

I'm not complaining about my battery time, just want to make sure that what I'm experiencing is about average for THIS device.

Thanks

Actually I got more time on my 3 year old iPhone 4 and that's without making any tweaks to settings (turning of WiFi, Bluetooth, dimming display completely, and shutting down apps and services all the time) so I guess it all depends on what smart phones you are talking about.

I'm not complaining about my battery time, just want to make sure that what I'm experiencing is about average for THIS device.

Thanks

How does the CPU and screen size from a three year old iPhone compare to your N4 of today? Today's faster processors and larger screen sizes are going to eat more battery quicker. From what I have been reading in the threads here, yes, what you are getting is around average.

Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fernandezhjr View Post
    How does the CPU and screen size from a three year old iPhone compare to your N4 of today? Today's faster processors and larger screen sizes are going to eat more battery quicker. From what I have been reading in the threads here, yes, what you are getting is around average.

Thanks. I would like to think that as technology gets better so too would the relation of screen size and CPU to battery life. But yes I agree, based on others reviews and feedback I'm happy if this is average.

Thanks. I would like to think that as technology gets better so too would the relation of screen size and CPU to battery life. But yes I agree, based on others reviews and feedback I'm happy if this is average.

The larger the screen size, the more pixels to address, the more processing, the more load on the battery.

I think iPhone manages background processes more efficiently, along with the fact its a smaller screen and what not. BUT I've seen iPhones with horrible battery life, and some with amazing battery life (upwards of 8hrs SOT & so on).

But I think the battery life you're getting with your N4 is great if your checking emails social networking gaming and all that. I'm running stock with Franco kernel and I get around the same thing, with possibly better standby time though. I think what you're getting isn't the peak, but its nothing to scoff at.

Thanked by:
    justmikey likes this.

I get between four and five hours of screen time per full charge on my Nexus 4s, so I'm right with you.
    justmikey likes this.