Buy a Nexus4 now or wait for Nexus5?

Harshit Tiwari

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I have an old phone with Android 2.3 . I have to take a new smartphone and am confused whether to take a Nexus4 now or wait fo Nexus5 which is rumored to be released soon. Suggest me something. I am ready to wait for a couple of months. Also, if I take Nexus 4 now, will I be able to upgrade to Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie? If Nexus5 is released in a couple of months, when will I be able to get in India?

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I would get the N4 now. I was debating last month as well and ended up going with the N4. I am very satisfied. You will receive the latest updates for a long time on Nexus. If they make the N5, it's going to be several months.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NotDavidMeek

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have an old phone with Android 2.3 . I have to take a new smartphone and am confused whether to take a Nexus4 now or wait fo Nexus5 which is rumored to be released soon. Suggest me something. I am ready to wait for a couple of months. Also, if I take Nexus 4 now, will I be able to upgrade to Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie? If Nexus5 is released in a couple of months, when will I be able to get in India?

Your comment seems to indicate that you need to upgrade - possibly due to your old phone having problems - but you say you are ready to wait a few months. This is what I did for almost a year with my old iPhone, until it finally had a failure (the silence switch) that I couldn't work around anymore. For me, I pulled the trigger and got the N4, and I'm very happy with it.

However, if you think you can wait a while longer - and there's no harm in doing so (your current phone can still provide what you need in the mean time, it still works well as a phone) - then by all means wait if you are this interested in a potential N5. You will be able to save up more money for when you eventually replace your phone. However, if you do go with the N4 now, I believe it is expected that it will get Android 5.0 when it is released. And, since everything about the N5 is just rumor, no one knows about launch strategy yet.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The nexus 4 still has current hardware imo. The snapdragon 600 is basically just a slightly tweaked snapdragon s4 pro, and thats what the galaxy s4 and one have. I've had my Nexus 4 for 6 months and it's still buttery smooth and lag free, screen is gorgeous, and battery life is pretty decent. I say buy now, there's no telling what google is planning as of now.

There's also no guarantee its going to be called nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site

titus16

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
The same thing with me. Got my nexus 4 last week. Very low priced. Excellent choice. You'll wait for nexus 5 and than for 6...
This is a great opportunity for you this is very rear to have this kind of device for so little. It cost me 1860 NIS include vat which is about 500 dollars (consider very cheap for example Samsung galaxy s4 is about 3500 NIS. Through eBay it's way chaper

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If Nexus5 is released in a couple of months, when will I be able to get in India?

I am not sure when you will be able to get a Nexus 5 in India, but perhaps we can think of an estimated time frame. The Nexus 4 came out in November 2012. Do you know when it was available in India? That should give you an idea of the time when it should be available in India, if we assume Google will follow the same pattern.

Also, can you get a subsidized price for the Nexus 4? The Google Play store sells it for $300 USD (8 GB) or $350 USD (16 GB), but I don't think that pricing is available for all countries. Price will probably be a big factor in your decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech