TMobile $30 prepaid plan - Can u leave and come back to it??

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone..
Got a question. When I bought my N4 last Nov on release day, I signed up for the $30 TMo prepaid plan and worked great for about 3 months. I then switched to ST AT&T from Feb till present.
However, the last 3 weeks or so ST AT&T has been acting like complete shyt and get very spotty data connection no matter where I am, unlike previous to 6/1 or so. I think when ST changed their APN settings to tracfone, all went downhill. My wife's iPhone has acted the same way, around the same time. But before that, no issues at all.

I am looking to know go BACK to the TMo $30 prepaid plan. If I can at least get 100% data signal outside of work again, that's worth it to me. Plus for $15 cheaper. The sporadic data signal at work with ST and TMo is exactly the same, so why pay more?

So, my question is since TMo still has my IMEI#/account in their database, can I go back to the TMo $30 plan, or no? I think I can't, but just wanted to know for sure from anyone on here.

Thanks!

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea, but it's been past 90 days :)

I decided to call them (wow, is it tough to speak to a human there!) and talked to someone that said just deactivate my account, go to Walmart and get a new TMo activation kit with new code and then just sign back up and I can get the $30 prepaid, 100min/4GB plan.

Woo hoo!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you still get a signal when you put the sim in the phone, you can still reactivate that card with the plan. Log in to your account to make sure.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
The $30 plan is available exclusively for "new activations only." That would seem to indicate that you can't leave and go back to it - or even change to a different T-mobile plan and come back ot the $30 plan later. At least, not if you want to keep your number.

On the other hand, if you are porting your ST number back to T-mobile, they may count it as a new activation.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The $30 plan is available exclusively for "new activations only." That would seem to indicate that you can't leave and go back to it - or even change to a different T-mobile plan and come back ot the $30 plan later. At least, not if you want to keep your number.

On the other hand, if you are porting your ST number back to T-mobile, they may count it as a new activation.

The OP didn't switch to another plan so there should be no problem going right back to it. All he should have to do is make a payment.