Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Windows 7 - how do you share media to it from your phone?

Hi everyone

When I first connected the USB cable to my computer a popup came on screen telling me the device did not install correctly because the driver was not installed. When I clicked troubleshoot the device was recognised but the driver was still not installed yet.

Which driver are you supposed to download for your nexus 4 device? Can someone kindly give me a link please and maybe a guide as to how it aught to be implemented

Also when I tried to open the content of my phone the computer was running really slow, most of my pictures were not recognised in WMP. I think this is because of the lack of a driver .

I just want to copy some of my video content to my video folder on my desktop!!! Lol

Default Re: Windows 7 - how do you share media to it from your phone?

When I plugged in my phone to the computer, any drivers needed appeared to load fine, so I did not experience your problems. I am able to load and transfer files via usb without problem.

Having said this, I prefer an alternative. I downloaded an app called "FolderSync", which automatically loads certain files (I chose pictures and videos) into the google drive and into dropbox. On the computer, I have a shortcut to the google drive and dropbox. The result is that when I get home and on the wifi, there is a daily scheduled sync where it loads these files to the remote locations.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Google Drive drop box? Is that an application you download from the app store or do you install that on windows 7?

I will post pictures up soon on the error message I receive when I get back from work.

Thanks for the reply

use this app called AirDroid. simple wireless transfer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid
    donm527#IM likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

How do you transfer files using that App? I have downloaded the App, I managed to sign in and register using my existing Google account.

I will post pictures up soon on the error message I receive when I get back from work.

ES File Explorer is also good. Air drop works well.

Google Drive drop box
    Google drive and drop box are both remote storage solutions. Both can be setup to appear as drive on your computer, or as an app on your phone, or both.

I also don't understand why you are having troubles with Windows 7. All I did was connect the usb cable to my Windows 7 computer and was able to transfer files to and from my phone. Are you using Windows 7 Starter or Home Premium versions, as guess it is possible they crippled something as compared to Windows 7 Professional, which I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo1990 View Post
    How do you transfer files using that App? I have downloaded the App, I managed to sign in and register using my existing Google account.
    just go here on your laptop and login with google AirDroid

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I use Dropbox. Upload your video to dropbox on you Nexus, fire up your PC, and the once the video file is fully uploaded to dropbox, the application on your PC will automatically download. From there, you can copy it to any folder on your PC.

I use Box. I've been learning how to use it for the past few days. You get 50gb free. Can't beat that. I just uploaded 55 pics which took awhile. It said that there were 3 errors, but I don't know what they are. Guess I have to go through the photos on both Box and phone and compare. Once that's done, I'll delete them from the phone to free up space. My wife does all the photo stuff so she can download whichever photos she wants to her laptop from Box. I'm hoping that I remembered to set the upload default to wifi.